Llandegla new stuff..

The Northern Monkey
The Northern Monkey Posts: 19,174
edited October 2009 in MTB general
Anybody checked out the new skills area at Llandegla yet?

Apparently its opened up now and I might go down this weekend to check it out!
Come and develop your skills on a series of exciting berms, table tops, doubles, drops and some cool flowing bits of single track!!

Sounds like fun :)

Comments

• CycloRos
    CycloRos Posts: 579
    mmm sounds top! a few of us are heading over there on saturday for the first time, that gives us something else to have a crack at :D
    Current Rides -
    Charge Cooker, Ragley mmmBop, Haro Mary SS 29er
    Pics!
  • Fair enough :)

Well I can't decide if I wanna try the DH tracks at Gisburn or head to Llandegla.. Gisburn is a whole lot closer :lol:
  • Whytepeak
    Whytepeak Posts: 2,616
    DH at gisburn?

I am up for that :shock: (Goes to check it out on t'internet).
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • dsmiff
    dsmiff Posts: 741
    No the whole place is closed this weekend - no trails are open and no skills area.

OK not true but last weekend the place was jammed - yes the skills area is open, but be aware that Annual Firefighters race is on Sunday - so it will be even busier than normal!
    http://www.youtube.com/dnsmiff
  • bregante
    bregante Posts: 271
    I went for a play on the skills area about a fortnight ago. It's not huge but it has a selection of graded runs, some with some really nice table tops and doubles. They are clearly marked and seem really well built and as smooth as..... There's also one or two runs with some drops on them, but nothing big or scary. I went midweek and there were only a few on it. Overall, it's not Glentress and you wouldn't make the trip just for the skills area (obviously).

Imagine it would be mayhem on the weekend tho

There is also a really nice new section of red if you go straight on rather than going left onto the first section of black (not the tabletop bit) . It's really flowy and jumpy!
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    We went this weekend and its pretty good, nothing huge, my mate managed to fall off on the little jumps and we all managed to bottle the bigger drops as we're all quite new to biking, we'll get there tho
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Splottboy
    Splottboy Posts: 3,695
    Was there looking around yesterday. Saw the skills area, looked ok, well made.
    Centre facilities are very good, and there were about 30 cars parked up.

Not sure about the offers for "Skills Training, 1-2-1". Was £240 for one person!!!
    This is £40 per hour for 6 hrs. Think this is a bit steep, for me anyway.
  • hmm... doesn't sound like its worth the drive again just yet... however I do really like the black trail!

Guess it depends how much monies I got :)
  • I loooove 'degla but i can't go the rest of the year due to being skint, new sofa, laminate flooring etc has won the battle, so it's Gisburn for me for the near future, i am dying to do the new stuff at 'degla though :(
    Caz xxx
  • Steve_b77
    Steve_b77 Posts: 1,680
    Went last Sunday, where be this skills section you speak of?

we founf the extra red bits and the rock shoot into berm before the log shore, but other things were behind fences
  • dsmiff
    dsmiff Posts: 741
    Steve_b77 wrote:
    Went last Sunday, where be this skills section you speak of?

we founf the extra red bits and the rock shoot into berm before the log shore, but other things were behind fences

The skills area is right at the start just a the top of the car park (behind a wooden fence) you ride past it just after the start of the trail - There is a section of jumps (x2), a section of steep berms and 2x drop routes.

When you head back to the center you will pass the pump track (this is closed off with a metal fence and wasn't open at the weekend.)

Seemed to be a few local kid's on jump bikes / bmx's on the skill's area when we went, great on the jumps :shock: , but couldn't do the drop offs!!

Sunday morning was a bit too busy, may try going in the afternoon on Sundays - Saturdays are OK.
    http://www.youtube.com/dnsmiff
  • CycloRos
    CycloRos Posts: 579
    Well we made it over there Saturday and I have to say I was quite impressed! Rode the new red bits which were super flowy and fun, which pretty much sums up the entire red run really. Nothing too challenging terrain wise but it flows well and means you can really blast certain sections...

On the negative side, I've never seen a trail centre so busy! think there had been a race on in the morning so we had to park right up at the top in the overflow car park. The trail itself was very busy too but parking where we did proved handy for missing out half the initial climb :lol:
    Current Rides -
    Charge Cooker, Ragley mmmBop, Haro Mary SS 29er
    Pics!
  • piker
    piker Posts: 353
    went on saturday and was really impressed,my first ever visit to a proper trail centre.is it always that busy at weekends.how does it compare to gisburn as thats about the same distance from me.