Magura Ronin 110 or Rockshox Reba Dual Air best for XC?

pealy
pealy Posts: 107
edited October 2009 in MTB general
I've been looking for some sus forks and have what I think are two great offers. Both used, both a few years old, both same price.

The Ronin's have just been serviced and although reviews say they're pretty complicated to set-up they seem to be a very good, light fork.

The Rebas have had a remote poplock retro-fitted. Currently 115mm travel but would come with spacer to make them 100mm. Again, a brilliant fork.

I do cross-country mostly, enjoy a good climb and some nice fast descents. I'm light at under 11st and would be fitting these to a Boardman pro XC frame which I believe comes with 100mm travel Rebas.

Any thoughts on which I should get? I think they're both excellent so can't choose between them.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    why are you changing forks if your bike already comes with rebas????
  • pealy
    Good question.. The answer is that I am building onto the frame only - what I mean is the bike the frame is from comes with Reba forks!
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    oh got ya lol in that case rebas all the way maguras were crap, even my mate who used to work for them said they were crap, stick with rockshox
  • pealy
    Cheers - I posted the same question over on STW and the feedback is following the same sort of path. Almost a shame as the Maguras look beautifully complicated.
  • NatoED
    NatoED Posts: 480
    erm magura are just awesome. the ronin fork is a scaled down BMW motor cycle fork . yes it is tricky to set up but last forever. very light super super stiff and track very well. i bet you will see ronin forks well after RS have gone out of business (or bought out again)