confidence boost!

Hercule Q
Hercule Q Posts: 2,781
edited October 2009 in MTB general
i was up my local trails earlierand wore a full face for the first time and its the fastest i've ever rode them!! there was no mud in my eyes or wind noise and i was just concentrating on where i was going, picking smoother and faster lines now i cant wait to go UKBP on sunday :D

pinkbike
Blurring the line between bravery and stupidity since 1986!

Comments

• BurtonM
    BurtonM Posts: 425
    Unreal isnt it.
    Watch yourself though, its things like that which make you have even bigger offs.
    yeehaamcgee wrote:

That's like saying i want a door for my car that doesn't meet the roof, because I once had the wind blow it shut when I was getting in, and I had my head squished between, well, the door and the roof.
  • Hercule Q
    Hercule Q Posts: 2,781
    I've had a big off this year when i was racing my mate on my hardtail at gawton and he was on a 224, its not the speed that gets me it the sudden stop :lol:

pinkbike
    Blurring the line between bravery and stupidity since 1986!
  • MacAndCheese
    MacAndCheese Posts: 1,944
    edited October 2009
    I just got one too, they're great but don't forget you wearing it if you need to spit any point!
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    Orange Alpine 160
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    The US Army calls this armour psychosis- give a man a big protective kevlar hat and a bullet proof vest, he's more likely to get shot :lol: But less likely to hide in the toilet all day I guess. :lol:
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Hercule Q wrote:
    there was no mud in my eyes or wind noise

Surely glasses and ear plugs would've been cheaper and easier???
    "I ride to eat"