Specialized Stumpjumper HT Comp '09

Jules_b
Jules_b Posts: 9
edited October 2009 in Your mountain bikes
Thought I should show off my Stumpy in full winter mode!! During the week serves as a daily commute (hence all the lights and accessories) and then strips off to enjoy the weekends : ) Only a few months old and loving this speedy little bike!! I am still sorting out my pedal situation though!!!

snc15443.jpg

snc15444g.jpg

snc15447.jpg

snc15446.jpg

snc15449.jpg

Comments

• Jeast
    Jeast Posts: 176
    Very nice Jules! I was almost tempted by one of these myself! Awsome looking bikes! :)
  • Thanks alot Jeast! As you can tell I am very happy with this bike. Out of interest what did you get instead? I was choosing between this, the Cannondale Taurine and the Trek 8000 but chose this as it seems to have the best spec out of the three of them...and has a pretty cool colour scheme. Do not like the 2010 model much though.
  • Top ride!
    My g/f has a slightly older Stumpy Comp and I've got an S-Works M5. Both very similar to what you've got so I know where you're coming from! Brilliant bikes.
    What type of mudguards have you got on there? Are they decent? I still haven't gotten round to getting some so any pointers are handy.
  • cheers! yeah the S Works M5 is supposed to be very similar to mine! Must be a very nice bike. I am using Cycraguard mudguards (http://www.cyclexpress.co.uk/Products/C ... Black.aspx) which seem pretty good although have not tested them too much yet. They have a bit of a chunky connection to the seatpost though but that is ok as they have quick release.
  • Here's mine, getting wet at Laggan

LagganS-Works.jpg

Pretty similar, except for the SID fork.
  • Jeast
    Jeast Posts: 176
    Jules_b wrote:
    Thanks alot Jeast! As you can tell I am very happy with this bike. Out of interest what did you get instead? I was choosing between this, the Cannondale Taurine and the Trek 8000 but chose this as it seems to have the best spec out of the three of them...and has a pretty cool colour scheme. Do not like the 2010 model much though.

Well, mainly down to budget, I ended up going with a Boardman HT/Pro! I was considering a Scott Scale 40, Stumpy HT Comp and Trek 8000, but in the end the Boardman won on value for money. Rides really nice too, although the Stumpy won on the test rides.

Not too keen on the UK 2010 Stumpy, but I think the US Version is stunning! In fact I'm currently looking into the possibility of buying that frame!

Anyways...here she is;

P1020362b.jpg

P1020358b.jpg
  • saltyman
    saltyman Posts: 472
    nice bikes, i miss my stumpjumper comp :o:o
    roberts dogs bolx
    cannondale hooligan 1
    cannondale badboy
  • starseven
    starseven Posts: 112
    The pictures dont do the 2010 stumpjumper HT justice.

I tried one yesterday, it was an absolute work of art, I would own it now but they aren't doing an 18" alloy version this year.

Probably wouldnt have ridden it anyway just hung it on a wall and looked at it!!!
  • The 2010 stumpy comp that I saw at the bike shop was the UK version. I was not keen on the frame's colours, especialy the white handlebars, seat etc and the colour of the wheels. A bit too much IMHO. I was quite happy to see that the components where identical to mine though so think I made the right choice. The only thing i did prefer to mine however was the curved cross bar which gives the bike a slightly nicer overall shape.

thanks again :D