Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

Lappers - c0cks in cars

mfinmfin Posts: 6,726
edited October 2009 in The bottom bracket
Anyone else have the misfortune to live near a road that each night every two minutes a 'lapper' goes past? You know the ones, stinking attitude, think they're rock hard, windows down, banging music... all coming out of a 1.2 Citroen Saxo or a Corsa, lowered, with a massive exhaust, with all the horsepower of an 80s family saloon with an exhaust leak.

Often I marvel at how some of these people can even wheelspin their cars in the wet!!! I know, difficult to imagine a car that powerful. Unfortunately these berks do all this in my street, always blipping the throttle like they're driving an old motorbike thats about to conk out.

Maybe the answer is to get a paintball gun (or a real gun) and pick them off from my window for my own amusement if nothing else, cos I would invest in my own 'stinger' but that might be considered dangerous.

Why the police don't do something about it I haven't got a clue, (perhaps it would demand too much common sense and application?) they are useless when it comes to things like this, even if they 'had the resources' they'd pansy out... Ive seen enough of these pillocks thrash it past police cars without getting pulled over. I can hear them 500 metres away so surely the police can too?

I suppose the problem is that being a 'noisy antisocial c0ck in a nova' isn't actually criminal. It should be.

Posts

  • partrirpartrir Posts: 14
    www.barryboys.co.uk

    Their motto is "If you can't take a joke, don't drive one."

    At least they can be the butt of our humour.
  • Monty DogMonty Dog Posts: 20,614
    A quick squirt of self-expanding aerosol foam up the exhaust soon puts paid to their antics - or so I've heard
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • GavHGavH Posts: 933
    The thing that makes me laugh is that by the time these tubes have spent money on race tyres, alloys, lowering kits, exhausts, bucket seats, induction kits and censored knows what else, they could have saved enough to buy a decent motor in the first place!

    The ones that REALLY make me laugh though are the ones doing it in what is blatantly there mum's car! :lol:
  • gkerr4gkerr4 Posts: 3,408
    partrir wrote:
    www.barryboys.co.uk

    Their motto is "If you can't take a joke, don't drive one."

    At least they can be the butt of our humour.

    thats a really funny website - cracking find!
  • My hubby wheelspins our car in the dry....feel the powah of da mighty Daewoo Matiz, a true tarmac terror :lol:
    Caz xxx
  • ProssPross Posts: 31,641
    Most of the censored they drive you'd think they'd be embarassed to be seen let alone draw their attention to it. Love blowing away boy racers in my Mini Cooper, I just wish the diesel badge on it was bigger lol
  • gkerr4gkerr4 Posts: 3,408
    Pross wrote:
    Most of the censored they drive you'd think they'd be embarassed to be seen let alone draw their attention to it. Love blowing away boy racers in my Mini Cooper, I just wish the diesel badge on it was bigger lol

    never mind your cooperD - they so lack any sort of driving skills that even my wifes turbo Diesel people carrier can show a clean set of heels to most of them!
    (not that I;d condone that sort of behaviour and it's much easier in my car - but far more fun in the touran!)
  • pepelepewpepelepew Posts: 180
    mfin wrote:
    Why the police don't do something about it I haven't got a clue, (perhaps it would demand too much common sense and application?) they are useless when it comes to things like this, even if they 'had the resources' they'd pansy out... Ive seen enough of these pillocks thrash it past police cars without getting pulled over. I can hear them 500 metres away so surely the police can too?

    I suppose the problem is that being a 'noisy antisocial c0ck in a nova' isn't actually criminal. It should be.

    S59 police reform act. Issue warning notice. If they've already had one within 12 months their car can be seized and crushed.

    Take registration details, description of driver then pick up phone and ring police. Say you're willing to support action. Mention legislation as above. Takes a bit of effort on your part, i.e. want to do something about it rather than just complain on a cycling forum.

    Police don't get issued with a crystal ball with their uniform!
    Det. Sgt. George Carter: Do you know what, Jack? You're full of sh!t.
    Det. Insp. Jack Regan: I thought it was about time you made an intellectual contribution to this debate.
    Det. Sgt. George Carter: [email protected]
  • CressersCressers Posts: 1,329
    Most of the censored they drive you'd think they'd be embarassed to be seen let alone draw their attention to it.

    Hence the blacked-out widows. Notice me but don't see me...
  • NuggsNuggs Posts: 1,804
    GavH wrote:
    ...race tyres, alloys, lowering kits, exhausts, bucket seats, induction kits and censored knows what else
    Like my Grandpa used to say "you can't polish a censored "
Sign In or Register to comment.