TDF Presentation "Live"

2»

Comments

• squired
    squired Posts: 1,153
    The route doesn't have me excited. Mind you, I can't remember the last Tour route that did. The Giro on the other hand....
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,238
    Misses out pretty much the entire western side of France (again!). What have the good folk of Normandy and Brittany done to upset the organisers? It seems to have turned into Le Demi Tour Du France!
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    Am I the only one who thinks it a another naf route?
    Sacrifice the trialing and the mountains have to be watered down.
    In with St J du M and out with Floyd's graveyard.
    Lots of Cav stages.
    Much ado about the Tourmalet, or nothing.
    Not really as I'm not that impressed with it and the Colombiere and Madeleine the wrong way but I do like the Avorioz finish as it should be a bit tasty after their trip round the Swiss border and a bit like the Mende Finish.
    The Route has potential but again it can be Killed of they all obey the old man and just ride "Tempo"
    They keep moaning about a TT which is as flat as can be and so only an hour ride for them.

Stage 3 and I hope it pours with rain for those 7 sections of Pave. (only one known is the last one Havluy 2,500 m)
    Radiocrap will not have George and I doubt if Ekimov will come out of retirement and so who has bighead got this time to see him through the 7 sections.
    Maybe it will be a Lottery and I don't understand the Finish "at the entree to Arenberg" as that's a railway crossing and so perhaps they mean the Exit. That would give a mile of straight road to the finish.
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    calvjones wrote:
    Stage from Mende finishing on the Jalabert climb looks nice
    I think Jalabert came from the other direction, 15%, there's a monument to his achievement already there (!)
    But this route takes them up a 12% to about the same finish from the other side, so still also pretty hard.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    14102009_03gf.jpg14102009_17gf.jpg
    14102009_06gf.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    I thought Tricky Dicky had sanded his face off in a bike crash?
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    We all know he has two (at least)....
    Le Blaireau (1)