bbc seem to think it is 'several teams' not just astana

Comments

• thomasmc
    thomasmc Posts: 814
    Story is even on RTE, Irish radio which never covers cycing!
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    On Sky Sports News ticker on TV this afternoon too.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    It is several teams
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Yes, several teams are involved. I mentioned this on the "More Astana Fun" thread earlier today.
  • donrhummy
    donrhummy Posts: 2,329
    Interesting because cyclingnews states it's only Astana.

What I want to know is do they have a chain of custody on these syringes? Or were they thrown into a public trash and then recollected after initial concerns raised by AFLD?
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    donrhummy wrote:
    Interesting because cyclingnews states it's only Astana.
    cyclingnews.com is not where you go for... cycling news. They seem to copy and paste from other sources and often miss out details.

The CN piece is accurate in that the French authorities are investigating Astana, but it omits that other teams are under investigation too.
  • micron
    micron Posts: 1,843
    Syringes were put in boxes provided by the race organisers for disposal of such equipment so I would imagine the chain of custody was pretty good.
  • Langman
    Langman Posts: 178
    Wiggins could be the winner - go wiggo!
  • Langman wrote:

if his sudden rise is due to hard work only......
  • Langman
    Langman Posts: 178
    I think so, I always doubted Contador and all this rubbish about armstrong riding himself into shape during the tour - yeah right!!!
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    Kléber wrote:
    Yes, several teams are involved. I mentioned this on the "More Astana Fun" thread earlier today.

Imagine L'equipe and Ressiot and a few in here if Astana wasnt one of them, after all they have more or less been pronounced guilty by tthe anti Astana afficianados.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    markwalker wrote:
    Langman wrote:

if his sudden rise is due to hard work only......

Ouch :lol:
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • nick hanson
    nick hanson Posts: 1,655
    Langman wrote:
    Can't say I'd put my house on any of the three above him doing it on bread & water
    Enough has been said before about the Astana duo,& I find it hard to give either of the schlecks any credibility when Frank sent that dodgy doc a big fat cheque,....for nothing!!.
    I do think that Wiggo was the best of the 'probably clean' rest.
    You've only to look at the guy's previous class,transfered across to the road,minus a lot of weight,but apparently keeping the same power output,& you are going to get someone who can go at a good,consistant tempo up a long climb,which is what Wiggo did on the Ventoux.whilst others were attacking,then sitting up,he kept ploughing on.No superhuman performance,,just solid hard graft.
    so many cols,so little time!
  • Bakunin
    Bakunin Posts: 868
    Of course, didn't someone argue that Wiggo's blood values were a little funky?
  • squired
    squired Posts: 1,153
    Obviously there are two parts to these tests. One is finding out what the syringes contained (and whether the substances were allowed or not). The second is then finding DNA from individual riders on the needles. If they find banned subsances, but no DNA, what can be done? Also, if they did find a number of banned substances would it not just show the world that the current drug tests and the biological passport are pretty much a waste of time?