Dan Fleeman

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited October 2009 in Pro race
Surprised no one commented on this story

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/fleeman ... his-future

Hope he does a reasonable ride in the next few days.
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Is it news? Lots of riders struggling to renew contracts.

Cyclingnews of late seems packed with news of English-speaking riders, the moment someone from Garmin farts it gets reported, eg Dan Martin's looking forward to Lombardy. Well so are hundreds of Italian riders!

At times it's as if none of the staff don't speak a foreign language. The same goes for the latest podcast, it's an interview with a rider few would recognise. It would be nicer to have Evans, Cunego, Gilbert or Farrar interviewed by phone.

[/rant]
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    That's a bit harsh Mr K. You'd think the UK posse would be interested

Still, Brit rider who's done not much on the road...shoe in for Sky you'd think?
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Possible replacement for Russ at CandiTV? After all they're based near to home for him.

Perhaps coming back to the UK and riding for a team like them or Rapha where I would have thought he could do very well in the Prems and also a few selected European races could make sense. Then again it'd be a tough decision to make to effectively drop down a level (or two) from the races he'll have been doing for CTT. Still plenty of teams that haven't finalised their rosters yet, so I'd have thought he'd still find a Pro-Conti team who may be interested.

I'd have thought Zipvit would be very keen for him to remain with CTT anyway, so there might be some help from him from that direction.