Forth Finale 100km: Roll call

Crapaud
Crapaud Posts: 2,483
The Forth Finale 100km
01 Nov Dalmeny
09:00 Sun [1100m] BP £4.00

I've just printed out my entry and will be sending it off tomorrow.

It's the only audax that I can think of that's in the central belt, so should be interesting. I found this map on Bikely, but I don't recognise the username, so not sure how reliable it is.

I know that a few of the folk on the Scottish audax noob chat thread were thinking about doing this. Anyone else?

Reminder to noobs:Send your entry in 2 weeks in advance; it helps the organiser
A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill

Comments

• Crapaud

You’re very bad man :D

I promised (well half promised, had my fingers crossed when I said it) my other half that the Flurry would be my last excursion for the year and you throw in this little morsel to tempt me. Off to the naughty saddle for you my man and I’m off to the florist :lol:

Anyone know this route? I fancy doing 100 km not my normal, 130 km "Oh well! I wonder where this road takes me" type Audax

Don’t forget the Nippy Sweetie - Saturday 14th November 2009 - Edinburgh (201km) for those who have anything left in their legs

http://www.aukweb.net/cal/index.htm

some chat here http://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic ... #msg440066
  • screebs
    screebs Posts: 178
    Crapaud wrote:
    The Forth Finale 100km
    01 Nov Dalmeny
    09:00 Sun [1100m] BP £4.00

I've just printed out my entry and will be sending it off tomorrow.

It's the only audax that I can think of that's in the central belt, so should be interesting. I found this map on Bikely, but I don't recognise the username, so not sure how reliable it is.

I know that a few of the folk on the Scottish audax noob chat thread were thinking about doing this. Anyone else?

Reminder to noobs:Send your entry in 2 weeks in advance; it helps the organiser

Crapaud

This could be just the job to get me back in the swing of things! I'll give it some consideration over the next day or 2.
    Me struggling up Mont Ventoux for the first time! Done it 3 times since (each way up) without stopping. This seems like a lifetime ago! http://img208.imageshack.us/i/snapshot2 ... 45552.tif/
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    I'll be checking to see if you turn up with a floral 'tail', SB. :wink:

Screebs, PM me if you want to go out for a few training rides for further motivation. (I could use some more motivation myself.)
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • AMcD
    AMcD Posts: 236
    Crapaud

I Off to the naughty saddle for you my man and I’m off to the florist :lol:
    Think you should also go to Thorntons..... :D
  • pneumatic
    pneumatic Posts: 1,989
    Hmmmmm :wink:

Fast and Bulbous
    Peregrinations
    Eddingtons: 80 (Metric); 60 (Imperial)

• AMcD wrote:
    Crapaud

I Off to the naughty saddle for you my man and I’m off to the florist :lol:
    Think you should also go to Thorntons..... :D

Excellent idea, I love their ice cream :lol:
  • AMcD
    Well guys I wish you all the best. Can't do the Forth Finale as I now have a weekend job too! I am no longer a part-timer :cry: , but still have Mondays and Fridays off.

I can't believe I've landed a 6 month weekend contract with the RSPB at Vane Farm, Kinross. I've used Vane Farm as a stopping off point on lots of my St Andrew's - Edin training rides and always thought "I'd love to work there" :D . I do love wildlife so am very excited. I'm going to cycle there and back which will be 24 miles Sat and Sunday so will still be getting in some miles at the weekend. Did half a day last weekend but start properly on Saturday.

Ok, I'll only be working in the shop and cafe but feel free to pop in if you're ever cruising round Loch Leven at the weekend and I might have learned how to do a mean cheese toastie :D .
  • The flowers worked !!!!!!

I am now promoted to a definate maybe for this.

Emailed the organiser and he has agreed to take my entry on the day and he mentioned that he has received abnout 50 entry forms, which is excellent.
  • gavster
    gavster Posts: 30
    It's looking wet and windy for Sunday.

Still looking good tho'
  • AMcD
    Good luck tomorrow guys, pity the weather isn't forcast to be the same as today :( but I'm sure it won't ruin your day.
  • Joycie
    Joycie Posts: 127
    Yes, good luck!

I reminded Chris about this last week (my fellow non-road bike partner) but didn't realise it was so soon in November.

Puts my 6 miles this afternoon to shame :D

Let us know how you get on
  • AMcD
    I'm waiting for updates too Joycie! I kept thinking about them as the rain poured down all day and actually thought I was lucky to be working :D .

I hope they all have waterproof skin :D .
  • renard
    renard Posts: 51
    It was a tad wet.

My "Waterproof" gloves kept my hands dry for about 20 minutes, my "waterproof" socks were better for about 2-3 hours.

Fortunately it wasn't particularly cold, or too windy.