Times interview Bertie

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited October 2009 in Pro race
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/ ... 870238.ece

Not much new but a good read anyway
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Julian Sweet wrote:
    Owen,

How exactly did Lance manage to 'play politics and, daily, spin a self-serving narrative through the media' when we did not even talk to the media and just posted daily videos?

I'm neither pro nor anti Lance, but that's not how I remember it

Any one know who Julian Sweet is?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Julian Sweet wrote:
    Owen,

How exactly did Lance manage to 'play politics and, daily, spin a self-serving narrative through the media' when we did not even talk to the media and just posted daily videos?

Apparantly Lance used to have a press conference daily where Phillipe Martens would play a precorded tape.

He did do a few interviews and wasn't as bad as during the Giro though
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    Julian Sweet wrote:
    Owen,

The Twit LA used Twitter and no press conference as I understand it.
    I have seen it somewhere that Versus (USA) along with the Eurosport "Planet Pharmstrong" got the Interviews at some cost and that enabled them to get through the Heavy Mob that kept the press away.

You don't remember how he was able to "CON" the media into thinking he was the Astana Leader, when all the time he was only a Guest Rider.
    He did a real good job on you then.
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    deejay wrote:
    Julian Sweet wrote:
    Owen,

The Twit LA used Twitter and no press conference as I understand it.
    I have seen it somewhere that Versus (USA) along with the Eurosport "Planet Pharmstrong" got the Interviews at some cost and that enabled them to get through the Heavy Mob that kept the press away.

You don't remember how he was able to "CON" the media into thinking he was the Astana Leader, when all the time he was only a Guest Rider.
    He did a real good job on you then.

You didn't really read my post

Did you?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!