Spesh Rockhopper and 130mm forks

triop
triop Posts: 49
edited October 2009 in MTB general
Trying to piece together a bike after someone burgled my house and stole my Trance. Just waiting for brakes and pedals at the moment, anyway i've put together what i've got which is a 09 Rockhopper frame with some R.S 318 tora's set at 130mm which is 30mm more than standard. It looks really aggressive with the increased angle but not been able to ride it due to awaiting bits. Does anyone run this configuration? how does it handle? or shall i just fit the travel spacer to put it to standard.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    i would bring the travel back down to 100mm.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • triop
    just found the thread Matt 24 submitted http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=14899673 refitting the spacer dont seem much of a job so i will give it a go later on. I think it will make sense as i have at the moment only a narrowish set of bars on it and will perhaps make it look a little more balanced
  • triop
    Put the spacer back in, Thanks Matt24 for the write up only took 20min. The bike looks much more balanced. Wish the brakes and pedals would arrive grr...