What should i build?

gregmorris234
gregmorris234 Posts: 168
edited October 2009 in MTB general
My father has recently allowed to build a small bike thing in his garden but I have no idea what to build. Theres too much choice. Any ideas will be appreciated. The size is about 15m*15m

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    As ina little trials course?
  • No dirt. I havent got a clue how tod o trials. you know stuff like a pump track maybe. uhhh maybe a backyard bike park like this guy-- http://www.kidinthecorner.com/archives/ ... -bike-park
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Pump track would be a good place to start, you'll learn a lot. Mostly you'll learn what not to do but that's OK :lol: Try and leave plenty of space between the lines for modifications and alternative routes, as you'll want to change it- you see some people with really tightly built garden tracks but that's because they know what they're doing ;)

Oh, and work only with mineral soil! That's the dry, crumbly, crap looking stuff, topsoil has too much organic content so holds water and turns into sloppy mud. If there's decent soil on what you're digging in, see if you can remove it- build a flower bed or something. You want the stuff gardeners hate.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Any other ideas. I did atempt a pump track in really small garden and it odesnt drain at all so i think im gonna have to redo it all.
  • get some wood and build a table top