blow out

oldwelshman
oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
edited October 2009 in Track
Had first blow out of tub on track tonight!!
Had a puncture before but not a blow out on the blue line doing training!!
Went down the track sideways, skidded on the inner concrete circle, managed to get it back on the boards to slow down to stop, somehow I did not come off , good handling skills I guess :D

Comments

• me too! the same, on the blue line at Newport.
    thought someone behind me had got it when I heard the bang, then realised it was my rear tub when things got squirelly, tried to ride it safely off but the rear end came round underneath me, by then I was on the safety zone anyway. a little sore but fine, rather more sore with continental..

It sounded like a rifle!

That's 4 punctures during training/racing this year, the previous 3 were debris on track at HH, the 4th was above, a badly made tub, the sidewall had a thin patch which blew out after two days of riding.
  • oldwelshman
    Were we on the same session last friday? :D saw another puncture just before mine.
  • No, mine was yesterday.
    All these blowouts! what's going on? :shock:
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,479
    Probably the local chavs have been around chucking nails on the track knowing Newport! :shock:

Must get down there one day but the idea of track riding scares me lol
  • oldwelshman
    Pross wrote:
    Probably the local chavs have been around chucking nails on the track knowing Newport! :shock:

Must get down there one day but the idea of track riding scares me lol

Why scare you? It is the same for you as everyone else, some wooden track, a two wheels track bike thats it :D
    As long as you maintain about 18mph (which is easy on a track) then you will not fall off, unless like the above and you pouncture :lol:
  • Pross
    It's not so much the banking, I've done Maindee on a road bike a few times although I know Spytty is steeper. I'm just worried I'll learn the hard way by stopping pedalling without trying and doing a Superman impression :lol: I am intending getting on an accreditation course down there, I only live 4 miles away and haven't even been in the building yet :oops: Just want to improve my fitness on the road first.
  • only 4 miles!!

some of us travel 100 miles to ride there
  • oldwelshman
    176 for me :cry:
    I am doing 4 hours down there saturday.
    If I was 4 miles away I would be in the odp squad by now :D
  • actually 140 for me.
    and 211 for Manchester!

92 for Calshot

and about 12 to Velopark, when it exists...

Seeing the mileage brings things into perspective, I think it's best to stay overnight at Newport and ride two days, otherwise it can be 8 hours driving for 3 hours riding!
  • Pross
    Stop it you two, you're making me feel guilty - I promise to go there to at least watch ASAP :lol:

RPM I think I'd rather drive 8 hours than spend a night in Newport!!!
  • oldwelshman
    Well you can watch the racing on a tuesday evening, some class top riders there.
    CAn also watch us oldies sat afternoon this week.
    I sometimes double up and try to arrange work in wales or west country so I can train thurs night, stay with parents then do the fri vets.
  • Pross
    Will start watching there on a Tuesday occassionally and I'm gonna start my track accreditation if I can get on the course.