2010 sportive riding

I did my 1st sportive this month ( The tour of the Pennines) and found it a really enjoyable experience. Next year I'll be doing the London 2 Paris with the guys off here. As a result I have started thinking that I'd like to do some sportive miles in preperation for the L2P in June. Living in Manchester what are the must do events I should be entering? I don't mind having a bit of a drive to the event but obvioulsy I'd not really want to drive more than 1-1 1/2 hours away. It seems that the majority of sportives are down south.
Can anyone help point me towards the sportives I'd like to do?

Thanks
Fungus
Bianchi. There are no alternatives only compromises!
I RIDE A KONA CADABRA -would you like to come and have a play with my magic link?

Comments

• lucca
    lucca Posts: 51
    Have a look at
    http://cyclosport.org/
  • i'll ride anything, but I prefer carbon.......... she screamed!!

www.sportivecentral.com
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    Also consider the Spring into the Dales audax next April
    http://www.westyorkshiresr.org.uk/

Yes it's an audax, but super hills and fast guys at the front...
  • DaveMoss
    DaveMoss Posts: 236
    I don't know if you are accustomed to venturing far North. I find a lot of folks from Lancashire (as I once was) don't realise how Quick easy it is to drive up the M6 to the South of Scotland.. for example, you can be in Dumfires just a quickly as you could get to Keswick on a busy day.

The other thing that would impress you is the lack of traffic on most of our roads and the stunning scenary.

so my "must do" tip for you would be to come up and do the Drumlanrig Challenge, first Saturday in May, then, since it's the bank holiday weekend, stay a few days and get in some more superb rides in the are.

If you want you could PM me and I can advise on routes and accomadation.
    Sportives and tours, 100% for charity, http://www.tearfundcycling.btck.co.uk
  • I did my 1st sportive this month ( The tour of the Pennines) and found it a really enjoyable experience. Next year I'll be doing the London 2 Paris with the guys off here. As a result I have started thinking that I'd like to do some sportive miles in preperation for the L2P in June. Living in Manchester what are the must do events I should be entering? I don't mind having a bit of a drive to the event but obvioulsy I'd not really want to drive more than 1-1 1/2 hours away. It seems that the majority of sportives are down south.
    Can anyone help point me towards the sportives I'd like to do?

Thanks
    Fungus
    Why not try the 104 ml ride in the Northern Rock Cyclone www.northernrockcyclone.co.uk it's about a 160 ml drive from manchester but you will be rewarded with traffic free roads on the ride and stunning scenery :D
  • RichTL
    RichTL Posts: 133
    A good one for you to try is the Cheshire Cat Sportive. Very close to you, good route and well organised. Run by Kilotogo usually last weekend in March.