Introductions

Goomba Fletch
Goomba Fletch Posts: 221
edited October 2009 in MTB beginners
Hello everyone, peace!

I'm Fletch, I'm 23 years old and live in York. I've just joined these forums this morning, I'm a new convert to mountain biking and I thought it would be good to get involved with the community. I've just put down a deposit on my first bike, and so hopefully within the month I'll be ready to hit the trails and get out there! I'm properly excited, like a child!

I haven't owned a bike since before I left school, so this is all new to me. Thankfully I work in a Blacks store with a couple of seasoned riders who've done much to draw me into MTB, and there's an Evans Cycles concession store upstairs. The Evans staff were very helpful and helped me work out what I needed to get started, and pointed me towards a Pinnacle Peak 4.0 2009 for £550 (reduced from £700, but thanks to a generous discount I'm getting it for £385!). The manager offered me a test-ride around the car park, and I was astounded at how light and responsive the bike felt! Just made my craving worse though!

I'm eager to pay off this bike now and start riding, from York its not far to Dalby Forest and there's a wealth of countryside all around me which I'm itching to ride over!
This is my bike, there are many like it but this one is mine

Comments