brakes actually stop you? oh, i didnt realise.

joshtp
joshtp Posts: 3,966
edited October 2009 in MTB general
WOW! iv just fitted some shiny (well, dull, but you get me drift) new superstar sintered pads and.... flip they are good! my old pads (avid originals) were ok, but they were geting a bit low on pad and i had a funny feeling they were contaminated after i went out for a ride and failed to stop for a tree. but after spending 10 mins muttering about crapy avid stuff trying to get the pads in, i was shocked at the power! 5 mins of bedding in (untill the rotrs steam when water is applied,as per instructions on packet) and i could not stop skidding, i think i need new tires.......
new pads, simple, cheap(£9 delivered for sintered), and utterly great, i forgott what brakes where. (well thats what it feels like)
I like bikes and stuff

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Old pads replaced with new ones.

Yes it makes a difference.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • have to say.. the superstar pads in my saints are 10x better than the originals were when they were new.
  • rowlers
    rowlers Posts: 1,614
    My superstar organics are POOR.
    At the end of a ride they bite quite nicely, the next ride the have no bite until I've got loads of heat into them, then they start to bite again.

I've even stopped using any detergents when cleaning the bike to ensure there is no contamination. I'll try the sintered next time!
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Mine are pretty much exactly as good as my standard shimanos, though they don't last as well. But then they cost much less, so it's a nice balance.
    Uncompromising extremist