Choppers and Grifters in the TDF?

SamRothstein
SamRothstein Posts: 14
edited October 2009 in Pro race

Comments

• Woodchip
    Woodchip Posts: 205
    WOW!!! Full on carbon Grifters. Awesome!!!!
    I have nothing more to say on the matter.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    I'd like to see a stage of the Tour - a short flat one - where everyone has to ride a Grifter. They'll have to have those things in the spokes that make the noise and there will be a jump every kilometre
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Brilliant!

I've always thought that the final stage in the Champs should be run with-out closing the roads to other traffic.

And the riders would have to collect packages and deliver them, just like real bike couriers do. It would be a fascinating sight.

And then there would be the mountain bike stage.....Cadel would walk away with that one.

And a supermarket stage where they're given a shopper bike with a basket and have to run around the store collecting all the items on a list,then try to fit it all in the basket and pedal off. For added spice, each rider would also be given a screaming toddler to placate in the supermarket before placing in the baby seat for the final sprint to the finishing line in rush hour traffic.

Are you listening, M. Prudhomme? Only the very best would make it to the finish in one piece. Henri Desgrange would have approved.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241

That's great. Cav has to win everything, doesn't he?
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Tusher wrote:
    And a supermarket stage where they're given a shopper bike with a basket and have to run around the store collecting all the items on a list,then try to fit it all in the basket and pedal off.
    Not only that, but the basket should be too small, so they have to ride with a carrier bag hanging off each side of the handlebars
  • Garz
    Garz Posts: 1,155
    Haha nice link LC.
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    There could also be a stage like the old Commodore 64 game "Paperboy".