Tea......?

hopper1
hopper1 Posts: 4,389
edited October 2009 in The bottom bracket
Which do you prefer?....
Normal (PG, etc...), posh (Earl Grey, etc...), Green, fruity infusion, herbal...
With milk, lemon, black, sugar...

Very bored... :wink:
I like green tea, from an unbleached tea bag (don't ask!). :shock:
Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!

Comments

• guilliano
    guilliano Posts: 5,495
    I like green tea, camomile tea, some fruity ones (but not many). But the ones I tend to drink are Twinings Everyday, Ceylon and Chai, the latter with half a sugar and very little milk, Ceylon with no milk or sugar
  • Teas.jpg
    - Also bored and with new digicam. :wink:
  • Fairly standard black tea with about 15% Earl Grey added to the caddy for me but it's always leaf tea. This is seriously out of fashion but it does taste much better - ok, it's not quite as big a difference as giving a real coffee drinker Nescafé, but it's a noticeable difference nonetheless.
  • AMcD
    AMcD Posts: 236
    I like mild tea so Twinings Earl Grey, Lady Grey, Darjeeling or Ceylon for me. All with milk, lots of it. I have tea bags and leaf versions - not noticed a difference with either but like to make a pot of leaf tea at the weekend.

I feel such a twit though asking for Earl Grey in cafes. Don't want to sound like a snob, but I don't like the taste of 'normal' PG or the like.

Not keen on green tea or fruit teas though.
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    AMcD wrote:
    I like mild tea so Twinings Earl Grey, Lady Grey, Darjeeling or Ceylon for me. All with milk, lots of it. I have tea bags and leaf versions - not noticed a difference with either but like to make a pot of leaf tea at the weekend.

I feel such a twit though asking for Earl Grey in cafes. Don't want to sound like a snob, but I don't like the taste of 'normal' PG or the like.
    Not keen on green tea or fruit teas though.

Why does it seem snobbish to ask for a good tea, yet people think nothing of choosing their favourite ground coffee? :?:
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • PG tips for me please....milk and said in my sugars thread......2 please.

:-D

Piersy Boy
  • blim
    blim Posts: 333
    +1

Also, you cant beat a good pot of lapsang souchong on a cold autumnal morning. Not to everyone's taste, though.
    kop van de wedstrijd
  • Red Rock
    Red Rock Posts: 517
    I like the taste of red bush :D
  • DevUK
    DevUK Posts: 299
    I like Clipper Organic :) Grew up on PG though. I drink the occasional roybosh/red bush and green tea though. I have some Japanese organic "smoked" green tea though which tastes disgusting. I nearly threw up when I tried to drink some!
    FCN Daily commute = 11
    FCN Fixie commute = 5
  • LittleB0b
    LittleB0b Posts: 416
    DevUK wrote:
    I like Clipper Organic :)

Ditto

If i'm going for unblended then i quite like assam. Partial to the odd cup of EG to.

not a big fan of fruit teas - they promise so much but deliver so little. However i do like herb teas - Mint, nettle etc...
  • I enjoy many varities of tea. Currently, I'm drinking honeybush and also I have a packet of some St. John's Wort herbal tea that I usually drink before bed. However, my favorite tea would have to yerba mate. Gives me plenty of energy and great kick start to the senses.

-Josh
  • Sainsburys Red Label.
  • Mothyman
    Mothyman Posts: 655
    green and yellow
  • Yorkshire Tea (I believe it's grown on t' south facin' slopes of Wensleydale).

On a good day there's a mug waiting for me on my desk.

On a great day I get in to work on time and the tea's still hot - champion!
    I should get out more (on the bike)
  • lfcquin
    lfcquin Posts: 470
    Piersy Boy wrote:
    PG tips for me please....milk and said in my sugars thread......2 please.

:-D

Piersy Boy

+1, unless it's a pint, then its 3 sugars. :D
  • AndyRubio
    AndyRubio Posts: 880
    PG Tips, big Starbucks mug, 2 bags, leave it for a bit before adding milk. Slurp!
  • Mettan
    Mettan Posts: 2,103
    Normal - have about 10-15 cups a day - bit too much really - use a single sweetner, and half a sugar - trying to cut down on the sugar intake a bit.
  • petejuk
    petejuk Posts: 235
    Just bought some Yorkshire Gold- really good cup of tea, although Brook Bond Choicest Blend is my favourite. Hard to find though.
  • Mettan wrote:
    Normal - have about 10-15 cups a day - bit too much really - use a single sweetner, and half a sugar - trying to cut down on the sugar intake a bit.

10-15?! :shock: I hope that's caffeine free variety...
  • yakk
    yakk Posts: 589
    Redbush with lemon. Okay with milk too. Nice......
    Good call re ground coffee (Yirgacheffe Ethiopiain). Another thread?
    Yak
  • If its a good old proper cup of tea then Lancashire tea is my tipple. 1 sweetner and a good dash of milk (full fat).
    I also quite like a nice cup of green tea (loose not bagged) with a couple of cardoman pods infused with it.
    The missus has some twinning mango flavoured teas at the moment. They smell lovely but I find the taste a big let down.
    Bianchi. There are no alternatives only compromises!
    I RIDE A KONA CADABRA -would you like to come and have a play with my magic link?
  • We've been getting our tea from http://www.fine-t.co.uk. They've got a good range of green tea, and of course, the amazing Tea Machine!

emjayjay
  • jonnycon
    jonnycon Posts: 116
    I agree with muffin top, a good cup of yorkshire tea, strong, milky with one sugar, normally a cup waiting for me too & if I'm lucky a couple of good old fashioned custard creams. :D
  • DavidBelcher
    DavidBelcher Posts: 2,684
    jonnycon wrote:
    if I'm lucky a couple of good old fashioned custard creams. :D

OK, that sounds like time to start off a 'best biscuit' [1] thread (although haven't we had one of those before?).....

David

[1] Malted milk, chocolate coated. Or possibly bourbons.
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal