Dartmoor Classic realistic first sportive?

KillerMetre
KillerMetre Posts: 199
Would the Dartmoor classic (27th June) be a wise choice for my first ever sportive,bearing in mind that I have only been cycling 'properly' since June and my university team training has only just started. A typical training week will involve doing two 60+ mile rides and 3 interval sessions on my turbo.

I would be hoping to achieve a slightly above average time for my age (20),or is this too ambitious?...let me down gently :(

Cheers.

Comments

• If you keep that sort of training up I reckon you'll find it a doddle tbh. I did the Fred Whitton as my first sportive about eight months after taking up 'proper' cycling, trained a hell of a lot less than you will be, and managed to get round without too much drama. I'm a great believer in undertaking challenges that might seem a bit daunting at first; if you've got a fair bit of time beforehand don't bother going for an 'easier' sportive, enter a tougher so you've got no choice but to get in shape!
  • wastrel
    wastrel Posts: 55
    It's the easiest of the ten or so I've done.
    It's well organised and attended, so it's an ideal first one :)
    If you want to give yourself a westcountry 'baptism of fire' there is always the north cornwall tor - i still reckon this hurts more than the fred whitton :wink:
  • NWLondoner
    NWLondoner Posts: 2,047
    How easy is it to get to by coach/train and any good cycle friendly accommodation locally??