Hot wheels

CommandoBoy
CommandoBoy Posts: 173
edited October 2009 in MTB general
Hot wheels bikes are no more! They have been bought out by CSG who supply GT, Mongoose and Cannondale in the US. The press release is below
http://www.hot-wheels.co.uk/CSG/press.html

Comments

• jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    never heard of them anyway
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    are they taking over the whole hotwheels range? they did some great stuff like lynskey :(
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    and Charge bikes.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • GHill
    GHill Posts: 2,402
    are they taking over the whole hotwheels range? they did some great stuff like lynskey

I believe so. The same people are still going to be running things for CSG-UK. Charge are certainly on the new CSG website.
  • toasty
    toasty Posts: 2,598
    Oh phew. I just warranty claimed on a cracked carbon Zaskar frame this week actually. Close call :) To their credit, they were very good, whoever they were.
  • Toasty wrote:
    Oh phew. I just warranty claimed on a cracked carbon Zaskar frame this week actually. Close call :) To their credit, they were very good, whoever they were.
    They are still going! The two guys who owned it are staying and now just run it. they didnt go bust or anything. Hot wheels is one of the most profitable bike companies out there. they have just been bought out by a larger compnay. They will keep all the same brands however they may offer cannondale as well.
  • wernt they the little kids rsacing cars models?