Now it's De Bonis

Kléber
Kléber Posts: 6,842
edited October 2009 in Pro race
Serramenti rider busted for EPO. He was already being invetigated for strange blood values. Test came from the Giro's opening stage. Five months ago.

Comments

• Another careless joyrider bites the dust, as the UCI's bio passport, speed camera flashes up his number.
    Must have run out of film, by the time the Tour came around. :wink:
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    Oh, look another ex Gerolsteiner rider.

Who'da thunk?
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Tin Tin recommended him as a rider. "Si, he prepares properly"

I'm convinced the CERA test is not tht good.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,481
    I'm convinced the biological passport scheme isn't as great as some people maintain. How many riders is that who've been busted for EPO use now this year? A drug which some maintain is no longer in widespread usage in the peleton.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    It could be that De Bonis had taken a biggish dose days before the Giro with the hope he'd turn up to the race with his system clean, but instead there was enough left in him to get rumbled. Either way he's a prat.

The smooth talking Gianni Savio doesn't look very savvy these days.
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    Kléber wrote:
    The smooth talking Gianni Savio doesn't look very savvy these days.
    From "his" column in the latest ProCycling:
    "This year we signed a rider, Francesco De Bonis, who was later charged by the UCI for an anti-doping offence committed before he was with our team, on the basis of the biological passport. At least with the passport, in future I won't need to waste my time reading a prospective signing's mind. Instead I'll simply ask our doctor to read and interpret all of his past blood and urine tests."

Still, look on the bright side Gianni, even if you loose fifty percent of your sponsors due to the bad press, you'll still have 13 or so to plug the funding gap. :wink:
  • jim one
    jim one Posts: 183
    Wiggins view via twitter

"I have just heard De Bonis from Dicks and Vaginas Team has gone pos for sleeping with Sarah, what a whore, 2 this week, + that other hobbit!" :lol: