Updated Dirty Jo

beardytwo
beardytwo Posts: 174
edited October 2009 in Your mountain bikes
Few updated pics of my Dirty Jo as I have changed a few bits. Some for vanity others for function! Hope you like. For such a cheap frame it is pretty tough (has to be as I've had some pretty good stacks) and handles well.

dsc8251t.jpg

dsc8254q.jpg

Frame: Dirty Jo SemiCreme 20" in black
Forks: Tora 318 solo air with poploc 130mm
Bars: Easton EA50
Stem: Race Face Ride 90mm 6deg
Headset: Superstar
Grips: Lizard Skin Peaty's
Bar Ends: N/A

Front Brake Lever assy: Dual Control LX
Front Caliper: Deore LX
Front disc: Deore LX
Rear Brake Lever assy: Dual Control LX
Rear Caliper: Deore LX
Rear Disc: Deore LX
Hoses: XT

Shifters: Dual Control LX
Cables: XT
Front Mech: Deore
Rear Mech: XTR
Chain Device: N/A

Seat: Sella Italia Prolink in White
Seat Post: Easton EA50
Seat Post Clamp: Woodman

Cranks: Deore
Chainring(s):
Chain: Deore
Cassette: Deore
Pedals:
Bottom Bracket: Deore LX Octalink

Front Wheel:
Rim: Mavic 317
Spokes:
Hub: Deore LX
Tube: Continental presta
Tire: Panaracer Fire XC foldable 2.1

Back Wheel:
Rim: Mavic 317
Spokes:
Hub: Deore LX
Tube: Continental presta
Tire: Panaracer Fire XC foldable 2.1

Weight: about 28lb

Unfortunately I can't ride at the moment as I have broken my scapula badly (pinned and plated). So have used the time to service the forks and remove the spacer so now have 130mm travel. Changed to the autumn/winter treads from the speed kings. Now can't wait to get back out again. Got another 2 weeks to go.. :(

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Looking good! Top forks!
  • beardytwo
    Cheers super. They are great forks for the money. Had a little pootle yesterday with the forks extended and serviced and they are nice and smooth..Boy did I get it in the neck from the missus though..riding before I'm signed off by the consultant.. :oops: couldn't resist it as it looks at me everytime I go in the garage... :lol:
  • ramemtbers
    ramemtbers Posts: 1,562
    have you ever done any racing at newnham park plymouth
  • beardytwo
    No I havn't. I couldn't race my 7 year old son at the mo. I guess your more likely to see dirty jo's this neck of the woods as they come from Cornwall. Why do you ask ramemtbers?
  • adb1006
    adb1006 Posts: 938
    Very nice - i love Dirty Jo frames - never seen one in the flesh.

ps - 'Sonic - what have you done to Bert???
  • beardytwo
    Thanks adb1006, I would have preferred something else at the time but funds wouldn't allow however now I have it I don't feel short changed. Perhaps a little restrictive on weight so may and try and wangle a scandal for Christmas and turn the Jo into something else.
  • XxxBFGxxX
    XxxBFGxxX Posts: 1,355
    adb1006 wrote:
    ps - 'Sonic - what have you done to Bert???

loooks liuke he has raped him with a helmit and put some sill G T letters on him lmfao looks good tho SS
  • adb1006
    adb1006 Posts: 938
    Beardytwo wrote:
    Thanks adb1006, I would have preferred something else at the time but funds wouldn't allow however now I have it I don't feel short changed. Perhaps a little restrictive on weight so may and try and wangle a scandal for Christmas and turn the Jo into something else.

They're just such nice looking frames. I really like the fact that you don't see them on every trail like some other makes too. That's what attracted me to the Rock Lobster - the Dirty Jo seems even less common though 8)
  • xtreem
    xtreem Posts: 2,965
    Good looking bike.

Those blue sidewalls are great.
  • beardytwo
    Thought they'd make a change from the red. Good tyres aswell. Bargain at 18.99 from allterraincycles ... 8)
  • ramemtbers
    ramemtbers Posts: 1,562
    No I havn't. I couldn't race my 7 year old son at the mo. I guess your more likely to see dirty jo's this neck of the woods as they come from Cornwall. Why do you ask ramemtbers?

i used to race xc at newnham park to train for dh. i saw a couple of very good riders there riding dirty jos bikes and i thought that they might have been sponsered. i was just wondering whether that could have been you racing there.
  • beardytwo
    And his better than me...