*This* is on it's way to me tomorrow

The Big Cheese
The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651
edited October 2009 in MTB general
2009 Marin Team Issue frame (Scandium) ... brand new, these are not for sale anywhere!!!!

Only one imported into the UK by ATB Sales this year! 8)

marinpic1.jpg

marinpic2.jpg

It's beauty....

Comments

• Whytepeak
    Whytepeak Posts: 2,616
    Though you already had an indian fire? :wink:

marinu.jpg
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • Whytepeak wrote:
    Though you already had an indian fire? :wink:

marinu.jpg

I do, but this ones gorgeous and 'team issue' just love the colourscheme and detailing on it, if I get this, I shall sell my white IFT frame which is mint, so I'll still have my Marin.... you cant buy these over here, only in the states, they are firgging gorgeous!
  • Whytepeak
    :lol:

How much?
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • The Big Cheese
    The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651
    edited October 2009
    Whytepeak wrote:
    :lol:

How much?

Guy wants £600 for it (including clamp and integrated headset - it's BNIB), I think it's worth that for bragging rights alone! :lol:
  • Whytepeak
    It is pretty nice,...oh what the heck, I love watching you buy bikes - go for it :lol:
  • :lol::lol:
  • MacAndCheese
    MacAndCheese Posts: 1,944
    What size ifs the frame you might be getting rid off if you buy that beauty?
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    Orange Alpine 160
  • llamafarmer
    llamafarmer Posts: 1,893
    That's very sexy. Buy it. Buy it.
  • What size ifs the frame you might be getting rid off if you buy that beauty?

The frame I currently have is a size 17", I am just under 6ft and fits me fine, could go a couple of inches either way :)
  • MacAndCheese
    MacAndCheese Posts: 1,944
    Cheesey wrote:

The frame I currently have is a size 17", I am just under 6ft and fits me fine, could go a couple of inches either way :)

I'm not promising anything, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't interested! PM with the details if you decide to sell.
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    Orange Alpine 160
  • Cheesey wrote:

I'm not promising anything, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't interested! PM with the details if you decide to sell.

Of course, no worries :wink:
  • Stoo61
    Stoo61 Posts: 1,394
  • This is what it should look like built up with my kit (full XTR / 09 SID Race etc)

marinpic3.jpg

8)

Then I think I shall leave the bikes alone for a while :lol:
  • supersonic wrote:
    £600?!

Yep, I got him down to £530 in the end (plus I couldn't afford anymore than that), I think that's a fair price for the frame, after all it's brand new don't forget, and noone has one in the UK ;)

It's all about the Team Issue maaaaaan 8)

Oh and it's as light as fook!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    what year is the frame and apart from the colour whats the difference from a normal one?
  • what year is the frame and apart from the colour whats the difference from a normal one?

2009 (they only started them then)

It's not an Indian Fire Trail, it's the Team Issue frame that the rider's for marin use, it's sub 3lb, scandium and has a more racier geometry..... plus it looks the nuts!

I love Marin frames, they are gorgeous, that's where most of the money spent on a Marin goes....
  • llamafarmer
    llamafarmer Posts: 1,893
    *drool*

Can't wait to see the finished build mate!
  • bomberesque
    bomberesque Posts: 1,701
    SID Race ?!

it at least deserves a SID team

nice looking frame. that range of colour (lighter blues) is one of those really hit and miss ones. This looks lovely though.

you'd better be fast :P :wink:
    Everything in moderation ... except beer
    Beer in moderation ... is a waste of beer

If riding an XC race bike is like touching the trail,
    then riding a rigid singlespeed is like licking it
    ... or being punched by it, depending on the day
  • well, I just phoned up and ordered it!!! :D

Should be here Tomorrow!!!

Away the weekend so can't build her up until next week!!!!

can't wait!

oooohhhhhhhhhh I'm all excited! :lol:
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    bloddy nice frame mate. IMO better than the indain fire trail. can't wait to see it built up
  • it is a bike a week with you cheesey
    marin team next week- what the week after?

gotta source some pimped out blue disc brakes/calipers for it
  • I think some Blue Juicy Ultimate would look pretty sexy.... ;)
  • Pics now up in rides section... :wink: