Weaver Valley Autumn RR 2009

jamieleung
jamieleung Posts: 49
edited October 2009 in Amateur race
Hey all,

Anyone else riding the Weaver Valley Autumn RR ?

Comments

• Yeahh i am Jamie, my last race of the season, should be a good hilly race!!!
    Up hup hup hup.....fricking hate that!
  • yeah sounds like a good one :D have heard about the circuit change ?
  • No Not heard of that like, whats that?
  • change of hq and course

Headquarters: Weaverham High School, Lime Avenue, Weaverham,

Northwich, Cheshire, CW8 3HT, HQ opens from 08:30 am.

Start location: Outside race HQ
    Start time: 10:00 am. (Competitors must be signed on by 09:30 am)

email the race organiser or check your email account she sent out an email for people to get the new details of the route and HQ. you need to email her back to tell her that you are still racing on sunday otherwise the reserves are taking your spot.

Best of luck for sunday Rob.
  • Ok cool, nice one thanks for that!! Do you know what the new course is like and how many miles it is, hilly i hope ha ;-)
  • it is still 50miles and 4.8miles with two hills and a nice roundabout lol :P gonna ride it sometime this week to get an idea of it should be good fun though :D
  • Sounds good, another leg burner!!! Goodluck anyways, will hopefully see you on the day, fingers crossed the rains not pissing down!!!
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    I rode it yesterday.

One BIG hill - about a quarter mile long at 10-15% I'd say. Will sort the field out sharpish. May not hurt you the first few times, but by lap 8 your legs should be burning!

If it's wet on the day - may be hard getting traction going up it!

There was a headwind going up with main carriageway yesterday - but it's an up and back so you'll get a tailwind the other way. (Where Sandy Lane joins Warrington Road, you turn left, go all the way up the the roundabout, then all the way back down to Acton Lane, make a left and climb the hill.)

Map of the new route: WeaverhamCircuitMap.jpg