transferring between national racing organisations

patchy
patchy Posts: 779
edited October 2009 in Amateur race
Hey there

I wonder if anyone can help... Basically, I'm looking to start racing next year in the UK, but am also planning to emigrate to Oz in August/September time to join my girlfriend who's been thrown out of the UK. Pretty much the only significant possession i'll be taking is my road bike, and one of the first things i intend to do is to join a club and start riding down under

If i start amassing points (unlikely) with BC, can I transfer these to the equivalent Australian body, or do i have to start from scratch with them? Websites aren't particularly helpful... any ideas?
point your handlebars towards the heavens and sweat like you're in hell

Comments

• Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    If it's unlikely you get any points here - why worry about it?

And if it's just a few points - then why worry about it?

And even if you get... say 10 points and move up a category - why worry about it?

Now - if you're a GOOD rider and get LOTS of points, you will be able to ask the governing body down there to put you in the appropriate racing category. Get a letter from BC before you go stating your current status (points, etc) and take it with you. If you are still a CAT 4 or even a CAT 3 when you go - just start fresh when you get there.
  • amateur racing in australia doesn't work on a points system like it does in the uk - it works on self grading from D grade up to A grade.

I arrived and found that D grade is for complete noobs, very unfit, or the elderly riders, C, B grade things start getting a little heated and A grade you need to hold on to your hats.

Rock up to a club and get riding with them, they will be able to advise you from here on out.