RPCC Ride - Sat 10th/Sun 11th Oct

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Berns12
    Berns12 Posts: 198
    I am probably just doing the Dynamo park ride Saturday.

However am inclined to come out on Sunday and see if I can spot this Kingston W*nker (no offense Felgen and Emu) who sat on my wheel up Box Hill. After clearly noticing he was following me (as he did after I moved over to let him pass), I asked whether he would like to work with me he even had a nerve to have a go at me for asking him that, so if I see him I will put him back in his place
  • Rich-Ti
    Rich-Ti Posts: 1,831
    Saturday only for me - I'd say non-hoon but it might be wise to plan for both? How about we hook up, ride out to Cobham then decide and / or split up?

FWIW, I fancy doing a sportive distance at a decent pace if anyone fancies that - 120k or so at around 30kph-ish? :shock:

Oh, and if the weather is bad I won't be out :wink:
  • morph
    morph Posts: 63
    I could be tempted for a Saturday ride.

This time I might not join the group doing "the longer route at a fair pace" though. Was hard enough last time, and I'm destroying myself at work this week...
  • felgen
    felgen Posts: 829
    I don't know what my plans are yet. I haven't even seen the on call rota for my new job, so I could be on call this weekend for all I know. I think the racing can wait a week or two either way, even though I thought it was a top afternoon last weekend and want to do it again soon.
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    2)Nelson Pista Singlespeed
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • Mark73
    Mark73 Posts: 146
    Sunday is definitely out for me, but Saturday is a real possibility and would be happy to do a longer ride Rich if that's what you are up for. My only issue is whether I would keep up.

Having only done two rides with you guys I am still obviously finding my legs in the group. I think I am hanging on okay, but when the heat gets turned up I tend to struggle a little, so I guess you guys are best placed to judge whether or not I would struggle on a longer & quicker ride. I can hack 70 miles no prob's, its just at what pace!

Also, as per Rich's comment, if the weather is too sh%t, i'll probably give it a miss too.

Maybe see you Saturday then depending on what/which ride you guys decide on.

Ta
  • Myk-ee
    Myk-ee Posts: 276
    No go for me this weekend. Club championships on sat and plans on sun.

Then away following week.

Could be interested in a final CCC run of year soon if anyone is keen? Clearly dependant on half decent weather.
    It's the vibe of the thing.
  • Rich-Ti
    Myk-ee wrote:
    Could be interested in a final CCC run of year soon if anyone is keen?
    Next Sat? :shock:
  • Rich-Ti
    phips wrote:
    We're in Italy you doughnut.
    LOL!! Oops... :oops: :roll: :lol:

The following Sat then? Oct 24th? :shock:
  • patchy
    patchy Posts: 779
    probably not this week, but weekend of 17/18 Oct for sure!
    point your handlebars towards the heavens and sweat like you're in hell
  • Myk-ee wrote:
    Could be interested in a final CCC run of year soon if anyone is keen? Clearly dependant on half decent weather.

YES very interested to do this again... the last one was one of the most enjoyable days riding I've had!
  • Berns12
    phips wrote:
    Rich-Ti wrote:
    phips wrote:
    We're in Italy you doughnut.
    LOL!! Oops... :oops: :roll: :lol:

The following Sat then? Oct 24th? :shock:

I'll have to skip it - the next free weekend I have is November 21st :roll:

And when are we doing the RPCC season ending Ride of the Falling Leaves followed by pub lunch? It will be Ride of Fallen Leaves soon :)
  • Rich-Ti
    Berns12 wrote:
    And when are we doing the RPCC season ending Ride of the Falling Leaves followed by pub lunch? It will be Ride of Fallen Leaves soon :)
    Nobody could agree on a date Bern - I reckon we just organise a 'drink of the falling leaves'... :wink:
  • felgen
    edited October 2009
    Rich-Ti wrote:
    Berns12 wrote:
    Nobody could agree on a date Bern - I reckon we just organise a 'drink of the falling leaves'... :wink:
    Wait a minute!? I have spent several afternoons over various weekends working tirelessly and entirely selflessly sampling the atmosphere and gastronomical offerings in various public houses on a routeincorporating the surrey area, which I must confess was very hard work and left me exhausted.

We really must do a pub ride - a gentle club runnish type pace, pub towards the end and well worth a visit-type ride.

Should I/we run a poll? Might convince some of the lurkers who like a sherbert to come out. Anyway, what about a pub like this one....
    pub.jpg

Right, so can people start indicating if they can make a particular date.....?
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • Rich-Ti
    I'm all up for it Felgen, but when?! Too short notice this weekend (plus the weather ain't looking good), most of the founder members are in Italy next weekend, I now want to do the CCC the weekend after (selfish, maybe, but I want to do it one last time before the year is out), Dynamo club champs and RPCC MTB ride on the 31st... :roll:
  • felgen
    Well, I guess due to the fact that theres quite a lot of people who have been on an RPCC ride I am not sure that we would ever be able to get each and every person out on any given date. I agree that we should wait until after the Italy trip.

The way I see it is that we should just get people to say yay or nay to a whole bunch of dates between now and the end of November, and go for the one which has the greatest number of attendees.
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • Rich-Ti
    Sounds like a plan - wanna start it as a new thread?
  • felgen
    Rich-Ti wrote:
    Sounds like a plan - wanna start it as a new thread?
    Maybe, but its in the too hard basket at the moment, especially as I start a new job tomorrow...
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • Have a good ride this weekend everyone, unfortunately I'm probably going to be sticking my feet up for a few weeks...on a beach.
  • J09
    J09 Posts: 122
    Not quite sure yet if available on saturday...

Definitively no sunday, that's cycleshow day...

For the Pub ride I'd love it, but just set a date and who ever can be there will be, the rest will just have to adjust their diaries. The same with the CCC, and i'd like to be in both, but probably wont be able to do it...
  • Rich-Ti
    J09 wrote:
    It's a great show this year - enjoy it! 8)
  • NWLondoner
    NWLondoner Posts: 2,047
    Rich-Ti wrote:
    J09 wrote:
    It's a great show this year - enjoy it! 8)

Sods law i won free tickets but have got to work on Saturday and must do a club run on Sunday so i'm not able to go :x

Think my credit cards have breathed a sigh of relief :roll:
  • Rich-Ti
    NWLondoner wrote:
    Think my credit cards have breathed a sigh of relief :roll:
    Mine came away undamaged today which was entirely unexpected! :lol:
  • Art Vandelay
    Art Vandelay Posts: 1,982
    Rich-Ti wrote:
    Mine came away undamaged today which was entirely unexpected! :lol:
    That's only a small delay to the inevitable Visa bashing though :lol: . So many shiny things - mmm, Di2, lezyne...
    Liking the Torq Pineapple & Ginger and the Banoffi gel as well.
    Not around this weekend. Enjoy the ride 8)
  • Rich-Ti
    Too much on for a decent length ride now - probably going to be Mo's park laps for me tomorrow morning, sorry folks :roll:
  • Enjoy the weekend's rides guys. I'm off to the cycle show tomorrow and am doing the Dunsfold sportive on Sunday on my newly rebuilt bike :-) Just added a full Ultegra SL groupset, Easton EC90SL fork and FSA K-Wing bars :-D

I only hope the ride is worth the wait :-)
    2010 Lynskey R230
    2013 Yeti SB66
  • Berns12
    Rich-Ti wrote:
    Too much on for a decent length ride now - probably going to be Mo's park laps for me tomorrow morning, sorry folks :roll:

+1 Also cycle show is calling one of the two days and need to practice tight riding before the club champs on the 31st