What's the news on "Fabio Andrei Duarte Arevalo"?

jerry3571
jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
edited October 2009 in Pro race
Hello,
Last year in Varese this chap kicked butt in the under 23 mens road race. I thought he looked like a pretty good bet for the future. He is now ranked at no.8968 on the CyclingRanking website. I was a bit gob smacked at this and does anyone know what has happened to this young "prodigy" ???
-Jerry
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
-Jacques Anquetil

Comments

• Think there were some problems dating back to his positive for testosterone at the Vuelta a Colombia in 2007. Think it was an outstanding case (ie he'd not served any ban) at the time of his Worlds victory, although I'm sure there was something about it being a 'naturally' high level and various clarifications etc.

A couple of pro teams (I think Saunier Duval were one) looked at him, but I guess all the doubt over this test may have put them off.
  • He does all his racing in Colombia according to CN....

http://www.cyclingnews.com/riders/fabio ... te-arevalo
    Let's close our eyes and see what happens
  • jerry3571
    jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
    Thanks for that. He was a pocket rocket. Most impressed by his attacking style. Maybe he could attack as he was off his face on the usual gear. Bosisio and Kohl making the news. :cry:
    Thanks again -Jerry
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
    -Jacques Anquetil