Will a local bike shop do a tubeless conversion?

briggs28
briggs28 Posts: 68
edited October 2009 in MTB general
If so how much will it cost?

Comments

• Beardface
    Beardface Posts: 5,495
    Best bet would be to ask your LBS... each place will probably have different prices..

If you're doing it properly, you'll have to consider new rims/wheels, sealant and tyres, on top of the labour.
  • ive been running 2 bliss tyres but with tubes in. Because ive had numerous punctures in them, does this mean i will need new tyres, or will it seal again?

Thanks 4 ur quick reply
  • stu8975
    stu8975 Posts: 1,334
    No you can plug the holes with a repair kit, you will need to do the tubeless setup without sealant first to find the holes, then once you've plugged them you can add sealant to sort out future flats. What rims you using?
  • DT SWISS 445D Rims. With Specialized 2 bliss tyres. Do u think they will be ok?
  • My LBS did the conversion for free for a mate of mine, he bought his no-tubes kit from them and they fitted it without charge. Mavic non UST rims and tyres.
    Northwind wrote: It's like I covered it in superglue and rode it through ebay.
  • stu8975
    stu8975 Posts: 1,334
    Should be ok, im running 2bliss tyres aswell, just make sure you get the correct kit for your rims (rimstrips), should be around £60-£70 to do both wheels and can be done by you. Check your rim width so you get the right kit.