Standard stem and bar size on a Kona Blast / Cinder / Cald

Stu 74
Stu 74 Posts: 463
edited October 2009 in MTB general
I'm building up a 16" Kona back country hardtail frame (Blast, Cinder Cone / Caldera). I have ridden a built up bike before and it felt spot on.

Could any owners of these bikes in the 16" frame size (I guess 17" will probably be the same) please tell me what the standard sizes are for (i.e what came with the bike)

Stem Length
Stem Rise
Bar Rise

Many Thanks

Stu

Comments

• What comes on the bike might not be right for you...

http://shop.konaworld.com/products.php? ... eluxe-Stem there are also many different options for the same Kona stem...
  • Stu 74
    Yes agreed .....but I have ridden a 16" Cinder Cone with the standard stem and bars (that come on a 16" Cinder Cone) and it felt perfect :D

Stu
  • ahhhhhh fair enough...
    why not phone up a dealership and ask what length the OEM bar is? Act like a prospective buyer hehe.... "oh yessss, i'm just enquiring about the Kona Cinder Cone... the 16" model" etc etc :D
  • Sloper
    Sloper Posts: 141
    I have an original bar and stem for a 17" Caldera/Cindercone/Blast. Hang on, I'll nip out to the shed...

Ok..

Stem Length - 90mm
    Stem Rise - 15 degrees at least, which is a guess after comparing it next to another 6 degree stem
    Bar Rise - 50mm to 60mm. I'd say 60mm from the centre of the bar to the centre of the bar-end. Roughly!
    Bar width - 645mm

HTH
  • Stu 74
    Thanks a lot sloper :D
  • I have an 18" 2008 Cinder Cone. Exactly the same measurements as Sloper.