two new products used at 09 TDF

Comments

• leguape
    leguape Posts: 986
    Odd to write and publish a report saying that today when Bordry's claims were made in Le Monde back in late July/early-August.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Did anyone notice some particularly thin cyclists...more than usual?
    Contador is the Greatest
  • a_n_t
    a_n_t Posts: 2,011
    "the AFLD had found evidence of what he described as "hardcore medicines" in rubbish bins during the Tour"

Yeah right. I'm sure they'd be a little bit more carefull than that!
    Manchester wheelers

PB's
    10m 20:21 2014
    25m 53:18 20:13
    50m 1:57:12 2013
    100m Yeah right.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Le Monde reported the medicines. They said "telmisartan" and "quinapril" were found, apparently these are used for those with high blood pressure. Apparently they come in handy when someone's been "jacked" with an extra infusion of red blood cells.
  • teagar
    teagar Posts: 2,100

I didn't? And I had HD!
    Note: the above post is an opinion and not fact. It might be a lie.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241

Some slimming product called AICAR is floating around apparently. Does anyone know where to get it as I've committed to doing the Dragon Ride next June and I need to lose about twenty pounds?
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    The talk of Aicar is old. Interestingly, look at Question 11 fromthis Tour de France Quiz:
    11. Pierre Bordry of the French national anti-doping agency said that samples from the 2008 Tour would be re-tested for new substances, and that 2009 samples would also be tested for experimental new drugs, including:

* A) Hematide, a peptide-based molecule that stimulates erythropoeisis and stabilizes hemoglobin levels, which could make it invaluable for fooling the bio-passport
    * B) Carchadon, a veterinary supplement derived from shark gills that increases blood oxygenation in surgical settings
    * C) AICAR, a pill that stimulates the body to burn fat instead of muscle glycogen stores, resulting in weight loss without sacrificing skeletal muscle
    * D) Floboxatine, a masking agent that allows riders to control their blood plasma levels through hematologic stabilizers
    * E) A and C
    The quiz was from July.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    RichN95 wrote:

Some slimming product called AICAR is floating around apparently. Does anyone know where to get it ?

+1000000000 :)
  • jerry3571
    jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
    I must admit that I am not a Lance hater but he looked ripped this year. Starting the Team Time Trial at the Tour he stood next to Contador who looks a bit thin but not hugely lean and boy Armstrong looked scary. Hugely lean. I remember Riis looking the same when he won the Tour but Lance was bordering on the fat percentages that Madonna can only get to.
    :twisted: "Look! I'm so lean you can see my Pancreas working!!
    -Jerry
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
    -Jacques Anquetil