Well I never.....UCI critical of AFLD and want new partner!!

flanners1
flanners1 Posts: 916
edited October 2009 in Pro race
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/uci-con ... rench-soil

"The UCI considers it very disappointing that the good operational partnership put in place for the 2009 Tour de France has been undermined by Mr Bordry's pursuit of media attention, which seems also to have had the objective of sabotaging the efforts of the UCI and its partners in recent years with regard to the fight against doping. This has led the UCI to wonder about Mr Bordry’s actual intentions," concluded the UCI statement"

I smell a rat.....Says it all really! :roll:
Colnago C60 SRAM eTap, Colnago C40, Milani 107E, BMC Pro Machine, Trek Madone, Viner Gladius,
Bizango 29er

Comments

• Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Why doesn't Pat McQuaid just buy a machine gun and shoot himself in the foot? I suspect he'd miss if he tried.

But the AFLD is the national body in France, it's as much as part of the sporting landscape as the Stade de France and the Tourmalet. It should be the other way around, the AFLD is left to do the testing and the UCI sets the rules on radios and commissaires the race.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    All doping controls should be run by WADA and contracted out as they see fit. This whole mess (including the retest stuff) is just more power struggling that's become McQuaid's legacy.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • micron
    micron Posts: 1,843
    I presume they need a neutral partner to balance the bias and corruption of the UCI. The only person sabotaging efforts to clean up the sport is Verbruggen's sock puppet Pat McQuaid
  • donrhummy
    donrhummy Posts: 2,329
    Actually, a nice way to solve almost all their problems is to do:

1. Have an "A", "B', and "C" sample
    2. Each sample goes to a different lab in a different country
    3. "A" is done to determine positive
    4. "B" can be asked to be used to confirm/disprove "positive" by rider
    5. "C" is only used if it goes to court.