Leeds training rides

satan80
satan80 Posts: 48
i'm trying to get more miles in this winter, hopefully out on an evening for 90 minutes/ 2 hours at least 3 times a week.

I usually go down the A660 from Lawnswood to Ilkley and back, or somewhere else around West Leeds.

Then out for 3 hours on a Saturday and Sunday.

I'm a reasonably strong rider, haven't ever raced but coped with the Leeds chaingang ok over the summer.

Not in a club so looking for a training partner, anybody out there?....

Comments

• AndyRubio
    AndyRubio Posts: 880
    Ithink I've seen you round Adel way, satan80 - was this you?

didi_senft_5sfw.jpg
  • satan80
    satan80 Posts: 48
    ha ha yeah that's me on my new summer bike, in the winter i will also be wearing socks under my sandals
  • giner1961
    giner1961 Posts: 135
    I suggest you talk to the group at Lawnswood on a sat or sun morning, most people back off this time of year and start going out again in Jan.
  • Sudor
    Sudor Posts: 33
    satan80
    Hi Satan

Can recommend the Sat am run from Lawnswood - I regularly do variants on a 90 min 120 min loop from Chapel Allerton to either Harewood - Pool, Otley - Ilkley back up the A660 to Lawnswood via (where possible) minor roads. With the clocks changing opportunities will be infrequent due to work committments but happy to swap contact details to organize a run now and then on spec. Sudor
  • Chip \'oyler
    Chip \'oyler Posts: 2,323
    satan80 wrote:
    i'm trying to get more miles in this winter, hopefully out on an evening for 90 minutes/ 2 hours at least 3 times a week.

I usually go down the A660 from Lawnswood to Ilkley and back, or somewhere else around West Leeds.

Then out for 3 hours on a Saturday and Sunday.

I'm a reasonably strong rider, haven't ever raced but coped with the Leeds chaingang ok over the summer.

Not in a club so looking for a training partner, anybody out there?....

Have you thought about joining a club?
    Expertly coached by http://www.vitessecyclecoaching.co.uk/

http://vineristi.wordpress.com - the blog for Viner owners and lovers!