Calderdale Mountain Bike Marathon Sunday 11th October

seataltea
seataltea Posts: 594
edited October 2009 in XC and Enduro
It's this Sunday for those who fancy it.

http://www.cmbm.org.uk/

The last few weeks have been pretty dry so those riders (like me) who are somewhat further back should suffer far less muddy moorland destroyed by the leaders.

I'll get my excuse in early for a poor time.........I've just gotten over the flu :oops:
'nulla tenaci invia est via'
FCN4
Boardman HT Pro fully X0'd
CUBE Peleton 2012
Genesis Aether 20 all season commuter

Comments

• Hi, Just going to drop my form off tonight, its the first time for me and my mate who's doing it too .....

First time of any event like this so am fair looking forward to it ....

Have you done it before Seataltea ?
  • seataltea
    Yes I did it last year for the first time then went on to do some of the other local events, Sailing Club, Holme Valley, Colne Valley etc.

I consider myself a novice rider, my advice is ride at your own pace, try and avoid the desire to race, there are a number of food/drink stops along the way. A couple of sections coming off the moors were frankly dangerous last year all washed out by the rain, the moors were a bog and almost unrideable.

This year should be better.
    FCN4
    CUBE Peleton 2012
  • Was going to have a go at the Colne Valley one but was on holiday ...

After todays rain there could be a few bogs on the moors again then ,lol

We are both novice riders too, will take it nice and steady and hope we get round ...
  • seataltea
    Another good do although both my riding partners cried off :evil: non the less I knocked close to an hour off last years time, riding everyday does some good after all. Conditions were a touch drier than before, good to see the moors were the same and the descents were still missing a skull and crossbones at the top. A well organised, marshalled and friendly event, you'd expect nothing less from Yorkshire folk.
    FCN4
    CUBE Peleton 2012
  • Yeah it was a great morning ... loved it, as said it was my first time on the CMBM, but wont be my last ....

The decent coming off the moors ... yeah definatly needed a skull and cross bones warning ... lol

Thought i did relativly well for a novice biker completing it in 3 hours 30 mins ..... :)

How long did it take you Seataltea ?
  • seataltea
    Well I finished in 3:15 although the CMBM website has put me at 2:15 by mistake, I haven't the heart to tell them and since I now have the status of MTB God amongst those I have shown the results to I think I'll leave it just that way 8)

Here's a nice review of the event and route.

http://www.ultramarathonmike.co.uk/blog ... &tb=1&pb=1
    FCN4
    CUBE Peleton 2012
  • Yeah it was a great morning ... loved it, as said it was my first time on the CMBM, but wont be my last ....

The decent coming off the moors ... yeah definatly needed a skull and cross bones warning ... lol

Thought i did relativly well for a novice biker completing it in 3 hours 30 mins ..... :)

How long did it take you Seataltea ?

Fancy bumping into you here? :lol:

Was a top event,looking forward to do sections of it again :D
    08` Genesis Core 20

Wanted: Good quality set of brakes as mine are cream crackered.
  • Nah then Pete .... welcome aboard ... lol