Its not working out.

The Northern Monkey
The Northern Monkey Posts: 19,174
edited October 2009 in MTB general
I've ordered 2 bikes and 2 frames from different websites over the past 4-5 weeks, getting my hopes up about each.

Each website said "in stock" or "available for next day delivery" etc etc and not one actually had them in stock - hense me ordering 4 different bikes!

Starting to get seriously pissed now. How hard can it be to keep an up to date stock list?

SERIOUSLY.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    easy go for a custom frame that has a 6 week lead time.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • I think what i'm gonna do is keep it on order and wait for the 2010 frame to be released (beginning of November).

That way I can start getting a few bits and peices together in the mean time.

Still bloody annoying though!
  • dave_hill
    dave_hill Posts: 3,877
    Ben, at risk of being obvious, instead of taking it for granted that they've got stock, why not ring them and ask? Then when they say "no it's out of stock" then you can say, "so why the feck does it say it's in stock on your website??"

Not too difficult if you think about it... :roll:
    Give a home to a retired Greyhound. Tia Greyhound Rescue
    Help for Heroes
    JayPic
  • erm... I did.

Well emailed them....

so :roll: back at you.
  • dave_hill
    dave_hill Posts: 3,877
    E-mail schmee-mail. Use the frickin' phone!!

If I want parts or services from a supplier at work, I phone them. E-mail's a complete waste of time for this sort of thing. E-mails can be ignored. Phone calls can't. And you can tell when someone's lying to you over the phone. You can't with an e-mail.
    Give a home to a retired Greyhound. Tia Greyhound Rescue
    Help for Heroes
    JayPic
  • I don't see how I would have got a different answer....

Most shops online (i'm finding), the smaller ones anyways, don't actually have much in stock.

They take you're order, then try and get it from suppliers.

I caould name 4 shops now that have things in stock on their website, but I know for a fact(after emailing) that they can't actually get them for a good 6-7 weeks.
  • Turrican
    Turrican Posts: 755
    Ah Ben you building bikes again :D , what you building if you dont mind asking and yh i know the frustration, ive just fin a build after weeks off getting this fixed, waiting for parts, LOL grrrrrr :x BUT its worth it in the end :). Yeah it shoulnt be hard to keep your stock updated all time but if its a small shop then they wont but some thing big like CRC need to keep it so updated as when some thing is sold via website they woiuld have the software to edit the stock level automatically. So its all in the software while smaller shop have to manually edit the stock on the website, how ever im sure there is a small trading law which they are breaking im sure off it? for stating their is AN ITEM for sale quote me if im wrong.
    I don't have a bike addiction problem.....bikes seems to have a problem with me.....it just can't seem to stay on.

http://www.moredirt.co.uk/users/FlowRideR661/
    http://flowrider661.pinkbike.com/
  • My mate ordered Spy goggles from:
    http://www.descent-gear.com/

A week later he called to ask where they were only to be told that they were awaiting stock.
    Mateyboy went radge down the phone and cancelled his order.

A few days later a free set of Spy goggles arrived at his home with a note to say sorry for taking his order when stock wasn't available. Now that is customer service, and part of the reason that I've spent money there myself.

Si Paton, I salute you.
  • Capt Yeti wrote:
    Ah Ben you building bikes again :D , what you building if you dont mind asking and yh i know the frustration, ive just fin a build after weeks off getting this fixed, waiting for parts, LOL grrrrrr :x BUT its worth it in the end :). Yeah it shoulnt be hard to keep your stock updated all time but if its a small shop then they wont but some thing big like CRC need to keep it so updated as when some thing is sold via website they woiuld have the software to edit the stock level automatically. So its all in the software while smaller shop have to manually edit the stock on the website, how ever im sure there is a small trading law which they are breaking im sure off it? for stating their is AN ITEM for sale quote me if im wrong.

well trying to :lol:

I figure that if you've got a barcode scanner, then it shouldn't be difficult to scan something in, and scan something out...

I think it comes down to storage space really, and shops don't want to seem empty.

For CRC its easy.. as they are a UK importers too.
  • fatwomble
    fatwomble Posts: 117
    Just ordered a 2009 Orange 5 at a discounted price only to be told they will have to check with Orange to see it they have the colour of my choice available ot I can have a 2010 in a different price at the same price - happy with that :D