UK cycling holiday options

le_patron
le_patron Posts: 494
edited October 2009 in Tour & expedition
A friend's parents are just getting back into cycling and she would like to buy them a UK based cycling touring holiday as a present, preferably in th UK to keep travel to a minimum.

Not sure if this is the right section, but does anyone have any experience and any recommendations ? I must admit I am a bit France/Italy biased, but there must be some good cost effective UK options out there. I guess the format would be decent miles, but leisurely and with nice accomodation.

Thanks !

Comments

• Selection of cycling holidays in the Welsh and Marches area of England - all good cycling and excellent scenery. Also Wheely Wonderful Cycling based near Ludlow, Shropshire - the gastronomic centre of the UK according to Michelin.
    The more you spend - the faster you go - the less you see.
  • andymiller
    andymiller Posts: 2,856
    I've been on several holidays with Skedaddle. Definitely recommended. They have a wide range of choices UK and abroad (I've been with them twice to Sardinia); weekend breaks and longer holidays; road and off-road; 'self-guided' or group; introductory more advanced [yadda yadda]. They do gift vouchers so they can choose their own holiday.

Otherwise CTC holidays?
  • andymiller
    andymiller Posts: 2,856
    I've been on several holidays with Skedaddle. Definitely recommended. They have a wide range of choices UK and abroad (I've been with them twice to Sardinia); weekend breaks and longer holidays; road and off-road; 'self-guided' or group; introductory more advanced [yadda yadda]. They do gift vouchers so they can choose their own holiday.

Otherwise CTC holidays?
  • jc4lab
    jc4lab Posts: 554
    CTC holidays neasrly always sell out..Book early if using them..Might be a bit too much for a Newbie unless you take a self guided option but you can download a detailed intinery.trip dossier for each one to check
    jc