my new 2009 meta55 UK edition

Davy-g
Davy-g Posts: 401
edited October 2009 in Your mountain bikes
picked this up yesterday (03/10/09) from Keswick Bikes.... Liesure lakes now have this model reduced to £1600 :shock: :shock:

smallpic001.jpg
smallpic002.jpg
smallpic003.jpg

Comments

• jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    awesome bike mate. i'm liking that a lot. how's the rear suspensin? i always thought that it must be weird
  • BlackSpur
    BlackSpur Posts: 4,228
    jay12 wrote:
    awesome bike mate. i'm liking that a lot. how's the rear suspensin? i always thought that it must be weird

why?
    "Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling." ~James E. Starrs
  • Davy-g
    I still have to try this baby out in anger on the trails...I tested the Meta55.2 before the UK edition, i found that the UK ed was more plusher/smoother, crazy I know as the rear shock and fork are the same, but that could be down to differing pressures in the can and fork.. I also found that the ST/SLX equipment was far smoother..... I am chomping at the bit to see what damage I can do to myself with this machine... :? :? :?
    Having come from a Spesh FSR XC Comp 09 that the meta is the difference between nite and day....
  • Shorty12
    Shorty12 Posts: 478
    Love it! gonna buy one but bought a orange 5 instead
  • Shorty12
    Shorty12 Posts: 478
    Love it! gonna buy one but bought a orange 5 instead
  • BurtonM
    BurtonM Posts: 425
    i have a meta 5.5.2
    they make you think your superman, ive had 2 huges crashes doing stuff i would never ever try in a million years on this bike
    yeehaamcgee wrote:

That's like saying i want a door for my car that doesn't meet the roof, because I once had the wind blow it shut when I was getting in, and I had my head squished between, well, the door and the roof.
  • Nice bike :wink: Interesting that you have a black fork. From my experience, bung a better back tyre on and put a shorter stem on, will make a world of difference.
  • jay12
    BlackSpur wrote:
    jay12 wrote:

why?
    it must be bit slow because it has to do two things whereas as lapierre is only doing one. if you know what i mean
  • MacAndCheese
    MacAndCheese Posts: 1,944
    Really nice bike there, was on my shortlist when I brought the Marin. Love the black with green decals.
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    Orange Alpine 160
  • jay12 wrote:
    BlackSpur wrote:
    jay12 wrote:

why?
    it must be bit slow because it has to do two things whereas as lapierre is only doing one. if you know what i mean

:lol: That made me laugh
  • jay12
    ^
    i was trying my best :oops: :lol:
  • ramemtbers
    ramemtbers Posts: 1,562
    ummm tasty that is real nice
  • Nice bike Davey!!!!

I personally prefer the look of it with black forks, you lucked in there!!!!

Nice bike, that looks like it's gonna ride real nice, now go get her dirty!!!! :P
  • owen908
    owen908 Posts: 170
    The Metas with a black fork are the second batch of limited editions. The first batch had white forks on.
  • Davy-g
    owen908 wrote:
    The Metas with a black fork are the second batch of limited editions. The first batch had white forks on.

yup, read that on bike radar... will be heading down to Kirroughtree the morra to hit the trails for the first time with it.... will try and keep it rubber side down... :twisted: :twisted:
  • NIce one!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    thats ace looking, glad you got a bike in the end.
  • Davy-g
    woo hoo.. was down at Kirroughtree today... what a blast... this bike really does make you a singletrack hooligan.....My Son and I did a few off piste trails....they were fun, mind you bouncing off trees is kinda sore on the old bones.... :D :shock: :evil: :evil: :evil:
  • owen908
    owen908 Posts: 170
    White forks or black, they still look the bollox

02082009302-1.jpg
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    i like the motor bike shaped spokey dokey on the front wheel, where can i get one?
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Is that a crack in the head weld?

;-)
  • bigdavevw
    bigdavevw Posts: 213
    Hiya Davy :lol: yea its an amazing machine 8)