It's a bit bloody heavy... Specialized hardrock sport disc

2»

Comments

• weeksy59
    weeksy59 Posts: 2,606
    supersonic wrote:
    But those wheels are comprised of many parts which makes them look heavier than they are. You need to weigh your own individual parts really.

Indeed. Starts getting a bit messy then really and having 200 bike parts lying round the house for my little fella to eat :)

MAybe i should just stop worrying, but of my two usual riding buddies are a little bit lacking in my fitness levels so it's not like i'm holding anyone up
  • gsxrian
    gsxrian Posts: 97
    weeksy59 wrote:
    supersonic wrote:
    But those wheels are comprised of many parts which makes them look heavier than they are. You need to weigh your own individual parts really.

Indeed. Starts getting a bit messy then really and having 200 bike parts lying round the house for my little fella to eat :)

MAybe i should just stop worrying, but of my two usual riding buddies are a little bit lacking in my fitness levels so it's not like i'm holding anyone up

but what will happen once are fitness levels get better.... :wink:

that might take about ten years the way me and crust ride.... :shock:

but i'm happy with my light weight bike.. :lol:
    stumpjumper FSR comp 2008
    trek 1.5 2010
    Orbea Alma H70
  • weeksy59
    gsxrian wrote:
    but what will happen once are fitness levels get better.... :wink:

Good question mate, i think it will happen in the end. However by then we'll all be 85 years old and will have pissed ourselves before we get to the top of the road.
  • weeksy59
    I've just picked up (as in lifted up, not purchased) a Boardman team MTB. BLOODY hell that weighs about 50% of the Specialized.

As you may have seen from other threads i've been in a few debates with myself,

"should i buy an FS" "should i get a new frame" etc etc

Picking up the Boardman, along with the spec has pretty much sealed the fate that in April on C2W i'll be getting a Boardman HT.