That Chad Gerlach fellow

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited October 2009 in Pro race
Rather sadly, he's back living on the streets again...

http://www.sacbee.com/ourregion/story/2229294.html
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Sad. Nothing more to say really, except that Fanini sounds like a really nice man.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    afx237vi wrote:
    Sad. Nothing more to say really, except that Fanini sounds like a really nice man.

Indeed. I watched the Interventions on Youtube. :(
  • wicked
    wicked Posts: 844
    Thats really disappointing, his tale was quite inspiring but now he is letting a lot of people down.
    The saying you can lead a horse to water springs to mind.
    It’s the most beautiful sport in the world but it’s governed by ***ts who have turned it into a crock of ****.
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    wicked wrote:
    Thats really disappointing, his tale was quite inspiring but now he is letting a lot of people down.
    The saying you can lead a horse to water springs to mind.

He's letting himself down most of all. The only person who can help him is himself.
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • AndyRubio
    AndyRubio Posts: 880
    In America as kids we were taught a saying: "If at first you don't succeed, try try again." And as na ex-smoker, I know how easy it is to give up and then fallback into it again. Gave up eventually. Point being, hopefully he'll get his shit together this time.
  • bikerZA
    bikerZA Posts: 314
    That's disappointing. It looked like he would manage to pull it all together, and maybe even get some good results.
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Very sad, but the article is true about the number of relapses people go through before they finally kick a habit (any habit).

I wish him (and his long suffering family) well.
  • lucybears
    lucybears Posts: 366
    Chad Gerlach is back in addiction treatment after a set back in his much-publicized comeback
    http://www.velonews.com/article/99129/c ... fter-a-set
    interview.cyclingfever.com