insurance

rsg
rsg Posts: 9
edited October 2009 in MTB general
does any one on here insure there bike and if so who with and what cover do you get :?:

Comments

• Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    Yes

M&S house insurance gives very good cover away from home too

Avoid E&L insurance.
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • +1 for M&S, they insure bikes upto £4k.
    'Hello to Jason Isaacs'
  • Sounds good! Does M&S cover it separately or as part of contents cover?

I've just up graded my steed and need to sort out insurance. I'm good at work as there is mad security and purpose built facilities. However at home i tend to store it in my shed which is a bog standard wooden job with no 'fixed objects' to chain it up to.

Does this effect my insurance? I don't wanna get a policy then find out I'm not covered cause it was in a shed down at the bottom of my garden! amongst the birds and the bees!! :shock: :lol:
  • paulscutt
    paulscutt Posts: 332
    just changed from AXA who wouldnt insure my £2500 remedy 8 to AA who had no quarms about covering it incl. away from the home and full accidental damage in my home contents policy
    **2009 Trek Remedy 8**

Specialized P.3 (custom) w/ Deore hydro discs, XT group, Blackspire device, Mavic D321's
  • benneally
    benneally Posts: 973
    anyone know roughly how much it would be to insure my £3k bike away from home at uni?
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    ben, i'm pretty sure you can be covered by the m&S away from home policy if you can convince your parents (i assume that's where you are now) to make the switch.
  • canada16
    canada16 Posts: 2,360
    Got or had until a car hit me, my 3000.00 focus superbud with the AA.

They had no problems and only an extra 30.00 or so quid on my 50,000 cont,

And they have no..... You need a certain lock bla bla bla.
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    oh and check with where you're staying about secure bike storage.