Staying near afan

sellisnba
sellisnba Posts: 181
edited October 2009 in MTB general
Hi all, Hopefully someone can help, me and the missus are thinking of going to ride afan in two weeks. Does anyone know of any decent places to stay for a night. I was thinking of camping but i think i may be pushing my luck a bit, so are there any decents b&b's with bike storage and such.
Cheers

Comments

• P-Jay
    P-Jay Posts: 1,478
    Afan Lodge FTW.

Has it's own trail to the centre, bike storeage, nice food, etc etc.
  • NatoED
    NatoED Posts: 480
    or try in Porthcawl tones of good B&B's there, cheap too . Some maybe bike friendly .
  • Mccraque
    Mccraque Posts: 819
    look for places in cymmer. bike loclk ups and great accomodation
  • matt748
    matt748 Posts: 194
    +1 http://www.afanlodge.com/

Run by bikers. Really friendly and knowledgeable. Very clean rooms. Own pub and restaurant, secure bike storage.

Couldn't have asked for any more when we stayed there this year. Will be staying again next time.

Trek Fuel EX8 '09
    My Pics
  • +1 Afan Lodge

I've been twice now. Very friendly owners/staff, nice rooms and good food - my brother and I would recommend it. Only thing to note was that they can be very busy in the 'restaurant' on an evening (the food is good!) so it is worth booking a table. There doesn't seem to be anywere else locally to eat and you'd have to drive. When we were there the other week they couldn't fit us in, not that it mattered though as we ate in the bar (we're not posh!)...

Enjoy your weekend!
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    It can get a bit windy staying near afan.
  • missmarple
    missmarple Posts: 1,980
    Is the restaurant menu pricey? I'm thinking of staying there with mates in November and being a student - money is rather tight.
  • vikingboy
    vikingboy Posts: 128
    +1 for the lodge. Great place and great people.
    The menu isnt stupidly priced but it can add up over a few nights.
    Im not sure if theres anywhere else to eat near there but I didnt go specifically looking either.
  • sellisnba
    sellisnba Posts: 181
    Thanks for all the replys it's looking like afan lodge is the way forward.