What the Twitter is he on about?

BdeB
BdeB Posts: 110
edited October 2009 in Pro race
Jonathan Vaughters on Twitter this morning: "Received some incredibly exciting, positive, and great news for our team and cycling in general last night. However, I can't talk about it." Any ideas what he is on about?

Comments

• jswba
    jswba Posts: 491
    Wiggins decides to stay?
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    A while ago he had some exciting news...

...it turned out to be a small side sponsorship deal with a pomegranate juice company. It could be something massive this time but maybe he's just winding up people and using the suspense as a form of viral marketing, to get many to talk about it.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Incredibly exciting, positive and great?

Given the sheer amount of hyperbole in that one sentence, I think it's fairly obvious. Tom Danielson has given up bike racing and been promoted to JV's official Twitter updater.
  • Bakunin
    Bakunin Posts: 868
    Contador
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,573
    Bakunin wrote:
    Contador

that's what they want you to think!
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • nick hanson
    nick hanson Posts: 1,655
    Contador tesed positive? :shock:
    so many cols,so little time!
  • Twitter to become the official sponsors of the Tour of Cali?

What a tantalizing tweet.

Don't keep us all in suspenders....
    (although it does sound like Contador could be coming to town.)
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mooro
    mooro Posts: 483
    hmm if it is contador, its good news for the team and i guess the good news for cycling would be him being clean enough to join garmin...
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Hmmmmm
  • nick hanson
    nick hanson Posts: 1,655
    Mooro wrote:
    hmm if it is contador, its good news for the team and i guess the good news for cycling would be him being clean enough to join garmin...
    If he's clean enough,then no need to doubt his team mates,is there?
    so many cols,so little time!
  • edhornby
    edhornby Posts: 1,780
    wouldn't contador rather play for Barca than Wigan ????

I'd bet it's Brad deciding to stick with Wigan rather than going to Manchester USkytd
    "I get paid to make other people suffer on my wheel, how good is that"
    --Jens Voight
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    20090417_47.jpg
  • Last time it was some new sponsor, whats a bet its the same this time. Though it would be great to see Bertie on Garmin just to round off the whole Contador v Armstrong rivialry nicely.
    Take care of the luxuries and the necessites will take care of themselves.
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    Perhaps he and Holy David have "re-imagined" Argyll in a whole new colourway?

Or have they been taknen over by the Shack?
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • Philip S
    Philip S Posts: 398
    Astana getting its PT licence rescinded and Cont then going to Garmin would pretty much tick all those boxes...
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    Kléber wrote:
    A while ago he had some exciting news...

...it turned out to be a small side sponsorship deal with a pomegranate juice company. It could be something massive this time but maybe he's just winding up people and using the suspense as a form of viral marketing, to get many to talk about it.

I saw it in Tesco and bought some to give it a try. Strange taste - and pricey :(
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • kourou
    kourou Posts: 40
    I first of all assumed this was because he head heard that Astana's licence would be revoked, i.e. Contador to Garmin, Wiigins to Sky.

But perhaps JV posted this when he got early wind of the AFLD testing? It may be that team managers have been informed as to whether they have riders among the 40 suspects being investigated.

Its an interesting way for him to have put it, and I personally find myself with several conflicting emotions regarding this, so I'm not sure I'd have said the same thing, but in the long term, what he has said would make sense, especially if it involves none of his riders and belatedly improves some of their results (if one - completely unsubstantiated so far, no source supplied - rumour on this forum were to be true, Vandevelde would end up 2nd on GC TdF 2008, and the top ten would be dramatically different).
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    I saw something the other day about Shimano saying they would withdraw sponsorship from doped riders, could it be some other sponsor (who is a Slipstream sponsor) saying they'll do the same?