Boardman Pro FS Issues

Adoe2502
Adoe2502 Posts: 2
edited October 2009 in MTB general
I recently bought a Boardman Pro FS (June) and have been out on few rides mainly round the Peak District. However I use the bike to ride to work and as I was riding back to work after lunch, the retaining bolt/pin on the bottom of the rear float worked it's way out and stopped me pedalling.
Now that's not the end of it.

Wanting to take it back to Halfords in my friend's car, I tried to remove the front wheel but the Maxle axle pin was stuck fast (I've never taken it off before). It's now with Halfords for them to sort out.

Can anyone suggest what rights I have on this and what I should do as far as making a complaint? I've called head office and let them know of these issues.

Comments

• bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    How much maintainance and checking of the bike have you done? Has the Maxle ever worked, have you ever checked the bolts on the 'rear float' (I guess you mean the shock)?
    Have you checked out the manual/used another one to make sure you're trying to operate the Maxle properly?

Things need checking to keep in working order, and to keep yourself safe.

Saying that though, Halfords should sort the Maxle (possibly just too tight), and I'd hope they'd replace the bolt. But you need to check things regularly, it can be set up right, but bolts can work themselves loose.

It doesn't sound like there's actually a problem tbh. Wait and see how the store respond, then escalate to head office if they don't help.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    This is not a head office issue! It is a simple maintenence issue, that the shop can sort for you.

Check shock bolt regularly.