Valverde to race dogs in crit

afx237vi
afx237vi Posts: 12,630
edited October 2009 in Pro race
Vuelta a España champion Alejandro Valverde is set for a very different kind of racing challenge when he lines up against a dog team at the Valencia criterium on Sunday. The Caisse d’Epargne team leader will face title-winning "musher" Ismael Piñol Venteo and six of his fastest dogs over a 350-metre course on Valencia’s Paseo de la Alameda.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/valverd ... -criterium

Don't tell me... Piti, Birillo, Sansone, etc to be reunited at last?

Didn't Cipo race a horse once?

Comments

• afx237vi
    Should have read the rest of the story:

In previous years, Castellar has had Oscar Freire race against a top-class trotting horse and jockey, and Oscar Pereiro has tested his speed against a camel.

Unless someone finds me a Youtube link, I refuse to believe this happened.
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    afx237vi wrote:

In previous years, Castellar has had Oscar Freire race against a top-class trotting horse and jockey, and Oscar Pereiro has tested his speed against a camel.

http://autobus.cyclingnews.com/photos.p ... s/DV120081
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • moray_gub
    Moray Gub wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:

DV120081.jpg
  • afx237vi
    Oh internet, how could I ever doubt you?

Cheers MG.

Now all I need to see is Vino wrestling an alligator and my faith in humanity will be restored.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    The possibilities are endless for next year. Evans could take on a kangaroo, Armstrong could take on Paul Kimmage or Vino could try to escape his past.
  • moray_gub
    afx237vi wrote:
    Oh internet, how could I ever doubt you?

Cheers MG.

Now all I need to see is Vino wrestling an alligator and my faith in humanity will be restored.

Ok got it........give me time on that one
  • Kléber
    Poor Oscar. From "winning" the Tour de France to getting outpaced by a bloke on a camel :cry:
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    I want to see Ricardo Ricco race a hungry tiger
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    edited October 2012
    They wanted Hoy to take on Hamilton but slippery surfaces prevented the showdown.

It was the 'Man vs Machine' at the Race of Champions last Dec.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • ynyswen24
    ynyswen24 Posts: 703
    "Vino, me big strong. Alligator merely scaly fish with foot. Vino wrestle hairy bear..."
  • Kléber
    Vuelta a España champion Alejandro Valverde is set for a very different kind of racing challenge when he lines up against a team of Italian lawyers at the Court for Arbitration in Sport. The Caisse d’Epargne team leader will face career ending "enforcer" Ettore Torri and six of his biggest legal dogs in an air-conditioned office room in Lausanne.
  • Kléber
    Vuelta a España champion Alejandro Valverde is set for a very different kind of racing challenge when he lines up against a team of Italian lawyers at the Court for Arbitration in Sport. The Caisse d’Epargne team leader will face career ending "enforcer" Ettore Torri and six of his biggest legal dogs in an air-conditioned office room in Lausanne.