skills training

13»

Comments

• missed the course on 10th shame as can't do 31st!! was busy with my training for manx end2end :roll:

web site much better craig colours great :D will look out for other dates!!
  • There seems to be quite a lot of skills coaching places to chose from at the moment which is great for the sport and core to getting more people out riding - especially more girls!

Admittedly I have been riding all over the world (Whistler, Interior BC, French, Austrian, Swiss Alps...) and then I felt I wasn't really progressing - I suppose everyone has their reason - perhaps it's easier for girls to admit they want advice and take it than it is for boys ;o)

I went with Tony at UK Bike Skills - his reputation goes without saying but when I got in front of him he totally got to the bottom of where I was going wrong with my riding competency. As a girl, and with some riding experience I really wanted to make sure I was going with the right person - trust is key. Tony offered me one-to-one coaching and was happy to come to my local trail which was a massive bonus. I had one lesson at the start of the year and then another not so long ago to get the next steps dialled. Suffice to say I've come on leaps and bounds by getting those core skills sorted. Although I still don't have the balls to do massive drops or hucks, the way Tony has coached me, I feel he's given me the grounding for what lies ahead when I hopefully get back to Whistler next year. It's funny because before I was "Right I have to do this jump/section whatever the cost and phah the consequences", but now my mindset has totally changed and it's all down to Tony's efforts so I'm more confident with what I'm going to do.

So if you're a girl (or even a guy) then I would highly recommend Tony's sessions. He teaches from the heart rather than from a manual...

Hope this personal experience helps - sorry for the long winded nature of the response, but once you try uk bike skills you'll know what I mean!
  • I did one up Llandegla a few months ago. I did the ladies core skills one with a friend then became quite concerned I wouldn't get anything out of it & it wasn't cheap. But it was totally worth it! The group was very mixed but everyone got so much out of it. I realised I was definitely more gung ho than technical & it really is the tiniest of changes needed to improve you a millionfold. Definitely highly recommended :)
  • Mrs Toast
    Mrs Toast Posts: 636
    The Chase Skills course was great, and I am now indeed more awesome. I actually got my front wheel off the ground. More than once. Deliberately! \o/

The photos of me are terrible though, my face is all hamstery! Actually, tell a lie, it's more like this!

495c2e2b-155a-4c9d-a00c-2e7c1108eef1.jpg