Lapierre Zesty 514 - 2010

dynastarg9
dynastarg9 Posts: 103
edited October 2009 in Your mountain bikes
Here's my new ride, straight out of the box... not even any dirt on it yet (although that'll change pretty quickly).

3971807380_5410da2f51.jpg

3971038577_d502f8c683.jpg

3971807500_5a845dc695.jpg

Comments

• B-e-a-utiful!
  • Keep an eye out for me riding around and around the labyrinth @ swinley on Saturday morning... bring on the weekend!
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    wow. that is awesome
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    man i hate you :P i want one of those so badlyyy. still savin up for mine tho. what size is it and does it have a boost valve rp3??? none of the shops seem to know :?
  • Broonster
    Broonster Posts: 440
    Cracking bike, although I don't think the 2010 paint jobs are as good as the 2009 ones.

Still a stunning bike though dude 8)
    Winter: Moda Nocturne
    Road: Cervelo R3
    'Cross: Ridley X-Night
    Commuter: Genesis Day One
  • lawman wrote:
    man i hate you :P i want one of those so badlyyy. still savin up for mine tho. what size is it and does it have a boost valve rp3??? none of the shops seem to know :?

lawman, don't hate me.. I've been saving for ages and had to convince my wife that i needed it badly. You'll get your chance too :D

It's a 50cm/large and it's got an RP2 on the rear.

Here's the official specs:
    http://www.lapierre-bikes.co.uk/lapierr ... y-514-2010
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    dynastarg9 wrote:
    lawman wrote:

lawman, don't hate me.. I've been saving for ages and had to convince my wife that i needed it badly. You'll get your chance too :D

It's a 50cm/large and it's got an RP2 on the rear.

Here's the official specs:
    http://www.lapierre-bikes.co.uk/lapierr ... y-514-2010

luckily i dont have a wife to convince, but being 17 and in college makes it hard to save for things :( i was hoping it would have the boost valve buts no biggy. hope it rides as good as it looks :)
  • OH NO Dan
    OH NO Dan Posts: 186
    Lovely bike mate. Lapierre make the nicest looking bikes for sure. Currently got a little lapierre fund going :lol:
  • Stunning ride

Starting again!!!!
  • XxxBFGxxX
    XxxBFGxxX Posts: 1,355
    i think i need to start my self a fund lol. nice bike mate.
  • Dynastarg9.

Fantastic bike, getting one of those myself or the Zesty714 in December.

Can you let me know what you thinkl of it after a few rides please

Also can you let me know what you think of the rear tyre, was going to ask my LBS if they would change to a Mountain King 2.2 on the back so will be interesting to see what you think of the stock Race King.

Thanks

Mark.
    Lapierre Zesty 714
    Condor Baracci
  • gaanrowl
    gaanrowl Posts: 326
    wow, i got a little twitch in my pants! love it mate the paint job is sweet, i could make room for one of those in my garage no probs.
  • markbourne wrote:
    Dynastarg9.

Also can you let me know what you think of the rear tyre, was going to ask my LBS if they would change to a Mountain King 2.2 on the back so will be interesting to see what you think of the stock Race King.

Thanks

Mark.

Will do Mark. I'll be out first thing tomorrow morning checking out the local trails. The race king doesn't have as much knobblyness as the mountain king so will be interesting to see what happens over the winter in terms of grip.
  • Many thanks dynastarg9

Will await your reply.

Thanks again
    Lapierre Zesty 714
    Condor Baracci
  • bay73
    bay73 Posts: 130
    Broonster wrote:
    Cracking bike, although I don't think the 2010 paint jobs are as good as the 2009 ones)

i'll second that but i did test ride an 2009 zesty 514 and it was v. nice 8) so i'm sure the 2010 will be just as good
  • markbourne wrote:
    Dynastarg9.

Thanks

Mark.

Mark,
    just to follow this up with you. I had a fantastic 3 hour ride in Swinley on Saturday morning and the bike was awesome. Talk about fast over everything incl roots and technical sections. The only things of mention are the race king doesn't have great grip when climbing those gravelly fire roads in Swinley and the seat's a bit narrower and harder than I'm used to. Everything else was great and did the job perfectly.
    9.9/10 from me.
  • Broonster wrote:
    Cracking bike, although I don't think the 2010 paint jobs are as good as the 2009 ones.

Really,
    the 2009 Zesty:
    9434.jpg

the 2010 Zesty:
    0434.jpg

The 2009 colour scheme is plain white whereas the 2010 one has some detailing. Each to their own I guess. Maybe you're thinking of the 314's colour schemes.
  • Many thanks dynastarg9.

Sold. Will defo be getting a Zesty come December.

Hopefully will get a Mountain King on the rear.

Enjoy your new machine

Mark.
    Lapierre Zesty 714
    Condor Baracci
  • bay73
    dynastarg9 wrote:
    Broonster wrote:

Really,
    the 2009 Zesty:
    9434.jpg

the 2010 Zesty:
    0434.jpg

The 2009 colour scheme is plain white whereas the 2010 one has some detailing. Each to their own I guess. Maybe you're thinking of the 314's colour schemes.

Hey dynastarg9 - No offence intended. I was referring to the 514 but as you can see from my bike I'm not really one for extra detailing:

dsc02160.jpg

I would have bought a 2009 714 Zesty had my work agreed the CTW scheme, but good things come from bad and I ended up buying the Nicolai :D
  • bay73
    bay73 wrote:
    dynastarg9 wrote:
    Broonster wrote:

Hey dynastarg9 - No offence intended. I was referring to the 514 but as you can see from my bike I'm not really one for extra detailing:

I would have bought a 2009 714 Zesty had my work agreed the CTW scheme, but good things come from bad and I ended up buying the Nicolai :D

oops. Just realised you weren't referring to my post :oops:

:D
  • That looks amazing...

Collecting mine next week cannot wait - is it as good as it looks??

Enjoy :lol:
  • SkippyDee wrote:
    That looks amazing...

Collecting mine next week cannot wait - is it as good as it looks??

Enjoy :lol:

I'm looking at it right now and it looks awesome.. just wish I wasn't working and could get out on it while the sun's shining. I came from an old Giant NRS onto this so my basis for comparison isn't the greatest. I wouldn't trade it for anything now though.
  • bay73 wrote:

oops. Just realised you weren't referring to my post :oops:

:D

No offence taken bay73.. I can see you only like one colour on your bikes ;-) I like a bit more on mine.