Broken Gravity Dropper and worthy praise

markwatton
markwatton Posts: 23
edited October 2009 in MTB general
Having snapped the inner post of my GD at the weekend I just wanted everyone to know what a great group of people they are at GD, especially Josh and Wayne, story goes like this:

Broke post Saturday (post is getting on for 2yrs old)
E-mailled GD to ask about purchasing spares to repair post myself
Found spares available on GD website and ordered
Reply from GD apologising for inconvenience and offering to repair post at no cost to me
GD cancelled my order due to foc repair
Cost to send post to US prohibitive according to quotes
GD understand and want me to let them know what I will do
USPS postage notification arrives in my inbox
GD shipped parts anyway due to Josh being out of office
Post office quote me £14 to send post back
GD apologise for mix up, ask me to return post, will repair foc and return asap and will not charge me for the parts shipped:

Mark,

Please keep the parts and continue to enjoy the ride. We take great pride in the customer service we are able to offer bicycle enthusiasts such as ourselves. We'll have the seatpost back to you in no time and again please keep the parts in the event that there is ever another failure. Doesn't hurt to have one on hand. Thank you for your business and we hope you enjoy riding your Gravitydropper as much as we enjoy building them for riders like us.

Post was sent this morning, just like everyone to be aware of the exceptional customer service these guys provide. Good customer service is easy during the selling of something, however, true customer service can only be measured when you have a problem after your purchase and the people at GD have excelled themselves.

Mark

Am sure there will be people that will say the post shouldn't have broken but having never done the same thing with a standard post that I did with my GD to break it who knows?

Comments

• That's awesome. These guys sound fantastic.

Allow me to recount my tale of exceptional customer service.
    #Ahem#

I nothced my RS Totems have stopped behaving properly, I suspect a buggered up damping system. so I look at the options and send them to TF tune. A short while later they arrive back having recieved a full overhaul, and feel awesome.

As I was refitting them to my bike I noticed a huge dent and crack in one of the lower legs, and get on the phone to TFTune to (not too politely, to my shame) ask if the forks were in this condition when the left the workshop. They assure me that they weren't and I should check the packaging to see if they were damaged in transit.

I had a brainwave, and checked some shots we got on the day I noticed they were acting a bit oddly, and realised that the forks were broken before I even sent them to TFTune.

So I got back on the phone with TFTune to book a lower leg replacement, and a short while later they were back in my hands with shiny new lower legs and a bill for parts only - No service charge!

Not only do they do a great job (the forks feel awesome again) but they do it for a good price, and are fantastic at handling people as well. Five gold stars, highly recommended!
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Ermm shouldnt TFT have noticed a huge dent and crack in the forks when they were servicing them
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • stubs wrote:
    Ermm shouldnt TFT have noticed a huge dent and crack in the forks when they were servicing them
    Yes, I was a little surprised as well. I would say they did an excellent job of looking after me once the error (which I hadn't noticed for god knows how long on the bike, AND removal of the forks to send them off) was highlighted though.