Clicky Crank help!!

Alex_Gill
Alex_Gill Posts: 38
edited September 2009 in MTB workshop & tech
hopped on my bike today, and there's a loud click at the same point of the pedalstroke on my left crank arm. i've made sure everything is tight and it still happens.
can anyone help?
cheers
exercise.png

Comments

• Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    Pedals is a good place to start your investigation. Get some grease into them and also take them off and grease the threads before refitting.
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Shoelace? :lol: Or the front mech cable? Or bent chainring teeth?
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • and chainring bolts, and just about everything
  • I had the same problem last week, got very annoying!
    mine turned out to be the BB cups had worked loose, but it did take me two whole days of tinkering to find this out.
    As mention it could be pedals, chain ring bolts, crank arms, seatpost, BB. I would start at the BB as youve got the cranks of you cuold check chain ring and then refit cranks tightly.

"LIVIN THE DREAM"
    GIANT XTC 09
  • rhann
    rhann Posts: 383
    have you got a stand?
  • i'm looking for the same problem. but I can't get my driveside crank off! it's the first time i've tried to take it off- only upgraded from octalink this year. recieved wisdom seems to be it should 'just pull out', or need a gentle tap with a mallet. it's now had several, with only a small amount of movement, which has now stopped. i'm ,loathe to spray gt85 near bearings, any ideas?

cheers
    Rock Lobster 853, Trek 1200 and a very old, tired and loved Apollo Javelin.