Mont Ventoux Challenge

jaredpace
jaredpace Posts: 111
edited October 2009 in Road buying advice
I know this is in the wrong category, but as this is where I have spent my last nine months asking for advice. I thought it's the best place to let those know who have given me sound advice of the outcome of the Mont Ventoux triple challenge. Please visit www.mybikefood.com and click on the rider blog tab, then me (Jared Pace) to see how I got on.

Also look at their online shop for the Mont Ventoux special.

Once again, to those who gave good advice, many thanks.
Jared

Comments

• cw42
    cw42 Posts: 205
    Blimey, that's some achievement! And here's me worrying about climbing the a54 today! :)
    Well done Jared.
    live long, eat biscuit
  • Fantastic achievement Jared, makes my little 80km Sportive look like a trip to the shops!!! I aim to do this one day, but need to put in a few years training yet.
    Again, great achievement. WELL DONE TO YOU BOTH.
    Limited Edition Boardman Team Carbon No. 448
    Boardman MTB Team
  • Brian B
    Brian B Posts: 2,071
    Well done Jared as that is a tough day out. Been over and done the Ventoux several times now(with craig and vicky) and once is enough up that mountain in day. I have done several HC climbs in on day in the Alps but I think its the heat of Provence thats make it even harder.
    Brian B.
  • Top effort fella - did Ventoux in July and the only thing which got me to the top was the shadow of The Reaper chasing me every chuffing inch of the way....
  • jaredpace
    Thanks for the comments guys. Glad you enjoyed the read. I can only hope being a 41 year old with two sons, wife and a business to run helps inspire others to find the time to train for something epic as well.
    Jared
  • Well done, my friend and some guys from the club did it in May this year too.

There's a blog about it here http://www.anordinarycyclist.co.uk/?p=130

My sister was getting married that day so I had a very good excuse not to go, maybe some other time :)
  • jaredpace
    Dave,
    All I can say is I'm glad I don't have sisters! :P
    Jared
  • HonestAl
    HonestAl Posts: 406
    Marvellous stuff, welll done Jared. I've been thinking about doing it a single time sometime next year, reading your account makes me even more determined. But, as they used to say on the TV, "just the one". Fantastic stuff.
    "The only absolute statement is that everything is relative" - anon
  • alan14
    alan14 Posts: 149
    jaredpace wrote:
    I know this is in the wrong category, but as this is where I have spent my last nine months asking for advice. I thought it's the best place to let those know who have given me sound advice of the outcome of the Mont Ventoux triple challenge. Please visit www.mybikefood.com and click on the rider blog tab, then me (Jared Pace) to see how I got on.

Also look at their online shop for the Mont Ventoux special.

Once again, to those who gave good advice, many thanks.
    A great ride, Jared, well done! Perhaps you could expand on which advice worked for you and which didn't? What would you recommend about riding Ventoux?

cheers