Who's Doing the Viking Challenge 2009

T4 Mark
T4 Mark Posts: 22
edited October 2009 in MTB rides
Hi All,

Me and a colleague from work are doing the Viking Challenge, on Sunday 4th October, and so far the route is looking very dry and hard.
Will this make it more fun than the previous Mud Fests?? :lol:
One thing is for sure if it does stay dry it should make it a considerable faster route. 8)

All who are taking part have fun on the day and remember help others in need :cry:
Ride More,
Climb More,
Get Out More.

Comments

• Dave-M
    Dave-M Posts: 206
    Wife and I are having a crack.

Not sure if we should do 22 or 30 miles.
    2010 Specialized Allez Elite
    2009 Specialized Rockhopper
    2009 Quintana Roo Seduza
  • Ive done it before. Like 1st poster says, can be a mud-fest if its been wet. Could be quite good this year, go for the 30 if it stays firm 8)
    BAZZ
  • Dave-M
    Dave-M Posts: 206
    On reflection I'm not doing the viking challenge at all.

I'm doing the Roman challenge.

http://www.romanchallenge.co.uk/

Easy to get confused.
    2010 Specialized Allez Elite
    2009 Specialized Rockhopper
    2009 Quintana Roo Seduza
  • T4 Mark
    Not heard of 'The Roman Challenge' Before.
    Would have considered taking part, but i'll be in North Wales that weekend :twisted: Biking, Climbing and other outdoor stuff with HMC.
    http://hinckleymc.org/default.aspx
    Ride More,
    Climb More,
    Get Out More.
  • Hi,
    Doing the Viking with a pal of mine who did it last year.
    Have waited.until today to enter. Forecast looks good for Sunday
    :D
  • Not doing the Viking this year, but did ride part of the Viking Way last week which makes up a good part of the route for the challenge.

It was my first time riding it and I thought it was great, but was thankful that it was dry, there are some massive ruts along it which were fun, but it would be mayhem in the wet! We don't appear to of had much/any rain around the area for the last week, so i'd imagine it will still be good!
  • T4 Mark
    50K Viking Challenge Route done and dusted, or should that have been Dusty 8)
    Wasn't keen on my registration number 666 :twisted: , but hey nothing bad came of it.
    Ride More,
    Climb More,
    Get Out More.