I saw this and had to laugh...

junglist_matty
junglist_matty Posts: 1,731
edited September 2009 in MTB general
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/C-R-Stinger-All-M ... 286.c0.m14

You gotta love the newly "professional" sprayed Santa Cruz aka Club Roost Frame and Marzocchi PIKE forks!!!

Comments

• At least he's honest(ish) :lol:
  • rhext
    rhext Posts: 1,639
    Well, at least he's honest about it, and it does look quite smart! I'd want to inspect it very closely before purchase, however. Not that I'd even consider purchasing it!
  • LOL!
    the reason for this is when it was re-sprayed the company had no Bomber stickers

yeah right! he blatantly wanted everyone to think it was a Chameleon with Pikes!
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    Orange Alpine 160
  • Wow, talk abot a good disguise job..
    Again - he's honest and has done a good job making the bike appear like the bike he would liked to have owned
  • Skonk
    Skonk Posts: 364
    It's a bit like buying a Toyota MR2 and adding a custom body kit to TRY to make it look like a Ferrari.

The bike does actually look quite nice though.
    Canyon Spectral AL 9.0 EX
    Planet X RT90 Ultegra Di2
  • rhext
    rhext Posts: 1,639
    Wow, talk abot a good disguise job..
    Again - he's honest and has done a good job making the bike appear like the bike he would liked to have owned

I must confess, I wondered if this was a simple case of over-enthusiasm. Dreaming about a particular bike and then going to some lengths to make the one you have match the dream. Spending time on something is just as creditable as spending money...maybe more!

But I then kind of wonder why it's only recently been done like this. Fair play to him, though. He's been honestish about it and the bike does look pretty good. Miles better than some of the BSO fakes that occasionally pop up here.
  • dave_hill
    dave_hill Posts: 3,877
    At least he's not advertising it as a Santa Cruz with Pikes. Fair play to him.
    Give a home to a retired Greyhound. Tia Greyhound Rescue
    Help for Heroes
    JayPic